Welcoming the New Year with a bang!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Jan 1, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Just wondering, how many of you (Us?) welcomed in the New Year by firing something in the back yard?

For me, it was the traditional "Soviet Salute" of 5 rounds through my new M38, along with a convenient time to "Unload through the Muzzle" one of my ML rifles that has been loaded since the start of ML season, and obviously didn't get fired at a deer.

Gosh I love New Years and the 4th in my neighborhood. Tonight besides the Mad-Minute of fireworks going off all over the subdivision, the hills were reverberating with gunfire!

(But mine was still the LOUDEST... :cool: )(and no garden equipment was damaged...this year)

Is this a tradition that is pretty widespread? Or just a Redneck/country thing....

And NO I don't mean to encourage the homeboys to pop off their 9s into the air in the Big D or Chitown...I'm ASSUMING you all had sutable backstops, and followed ALL appropriate safety rules, etc.
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I'm afraid that I wussed out, it's raining and the wind is blowing with gusts up to fourty MPH.

Beside all the neighbors are all asleep and they are THAT type. Loud noises and they grab the 911 thingy.

If the wind lays a bit, I'll send some 7.62x39 down range tomorrow and get some time in with the 1911's too. Man do I need the practice!

Happy New Year!!!
  3. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

i slept through it, but am up and getting ready to go to the range, will do a lot of banging this morning, am taking a U.S. MARINE with me today. my wife is going also.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    blackhawkkid223 and little dynamite45
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I didn't shoot any guns, but I f*rted a couple of times....does that count? :D
  5. lead

lead Active Member

Friday night, right after a Missouri basketball game, the TV played a commercial from a group called "Fun Without Guns". It featured the chief of police of St.Louis asking people to remember how dangerous it is to randomly shoot in the air, and, please, don't do it. I've heard since that it is illegal in some states because of someone who was killed by a stray bullet.
    I was up at 4a.m. on the 31st to put in a full day at work, so by midnight I was dead to the world. I remember my son coming by and saying "Happy New Year", I think I mumbled something about the weather :eek: .
    I'll have to try to take the Colt out today and burn up some ammo. I hope all of you enjoy today, and the rest of this new year!
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I carried out a case of .308 ammo last night at 11:55 PM.

Got all loaded up and someone had taken away the garden tiller I was going to shoot. ;)

Polishshooter, good to see you back.
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I'm more of a fair weather shooter.
    It was cold and windy outside last night. :)
  8. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

blackhawkkid223

Sorry, I couldn't make it today. Hope you had a good time & Kimber fired well.

Please tell Debbie that I wished her & you a better year and many more.
  9. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

howdy kimber man, the kimber super match is superb, the finest pistol i have ever owned and probably will own. it shoots a heck of a lot better than i can. i only shot 80 rounds through it today, that makes 110 through the barrel. at times today i was getting better groups off hand than off the bench. only shot 2 kinds of 230g ball through it today. 50 rounds winchester white box from wal-mart, it don't like that stuff at all. the other 30 were some surplus i have and it liked it pretty good. am gonna shoot 500 rounds of jacketed through it before i start experimenting.
    debbie and i says happy new year too.
    blackhawkkid223 :)
  10. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

blackhawkkid223

I glad everything worked out well for you and the gun was what you wanted.

It's nice to hear someone is very happy with their Toys. I'm happy with mine also. Best of luck with it.
  11. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

Polishshooter, ditto what Sam said, good to hear from you!

As for the shooting out back, that's what I usually do too,
    but missed out this year.

Tac