The Firearms Forum banner

Well I Did It!Yes I Bought A 500 Rd.Pack Of Thunderbolt

5K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  HighlandLofts 
#1 ·
It has always been last on my list but with a much agonizing thought process I decided it's better to have dirty ammo than no ammo. So I bought it.40 grain 1255ft.per.sec.round nose at $23.99.
I might clean my 22's a little in between shooting.And I won't use them in my 10/22,it darkens the tops of the feeding lips and clear ButlerCreek 25 round magazines.
These are tough times for 22lr.

#5 ·
I went to a Flee market today. A vendor had a 500rd. brick of Winchester .22 for $75. I told her I had 10 similar bricks that I would sell her for $70. a brick. The vendor wouldn't respond wouldn't even look at me. They could have made a quick $50. profit if anyone would buy them at that price.HA!HA! HA! Another vendor had a 225 rd. box of Remington for $55. I told him what I had just offered the other vendor and he seemed genuinely interested. I told his I wasn't selling them.:confused::rolleyes::bleh::eek::confused:

#7 ·
I've managed to pick up some over the last 2 weeks.And I'm with Hiighboy I'll shoot it all. Joe

#8 ·
I went to the gun show in Syracuse yesterday. 22LR was on display for $100 a brick for Winchester, and $60 for Aquila, and around $45 for the bulk pack of Federal Auto Match. I didn't see many people taking it at those prices, and hope the gougers lose their shirts. The day before I picked up a brick of Remington sub sonic for $30, which is about what I paid for it before the "crisis."

#9 ·
OH!!! They won't lose anything because they have made money off the lame sheepole who thought they wouldn't see .22 again. That's if they sell it for what they paid for it. If we know of anyone who gouged during this manipulated crisis we should not buy from them.:confused::rolleyes::bleh::eek::D

#10 ·
I won't. For one, Cheaper Than Dirt is off my Favorites and beginning to be out of my memory. Joe

#12 ·
It's a good price as per what all's going on with 22lr ammo.
Here sometime back I ended up trading a small flashlight that can be mounted on a rifle for a 525 (?) round box of the same ammo.
As of right now I havent had to shoot any of it but if I do, I have it.. is the way I see it.

#14 ·
Went over to Wally World yesterday and when I wandered back to sporting goods and asked for .22s, the guy laughed and then told me my LGS had some. When I got over there, all they had was Eley target rounds at $8.99 for a box of 50. I passed on them!!
Well George, at east they gave you an answer...:)
All I ever get when I ask at w--"mert" is a nodding from left to right and a grin like a possum eatin' "crap"! :banghead: :(

They never have it in this area and say they dont ever get any in...:confused:.

#15 ·
I bought 500 pack of Rem. Thunderbolts here in Houston the other day even though I had heard negative comments about them. The accuracy was only marginal but no fail to fires or fail to feeds. The worst part about them was the horrendous barrel leading that occurred. It took me a solid hour or two to get the lead out after only 100 rounds or so. I won't be shooting any more of them as long as I have anything else to shoot. This may not happen in every gun, but it sure did in mine (Ruger Mark III Target model).

Revv

#18 ·
i havn't been able to bring myself to buy any of the low power 22.. not that desperate yet. I fear it would not cycle the actions of many of my 22lr.. or worse.. hang in the bbl on long guns.

and may preve near useless in a EOC situation. ( prolly good to punch paper with a revolver or light slide pistol though.. )

#19 ·
i havn't been able to bring myself to buy any of the low power 22.. not that desperate yet. I fear it would not cycle the actions of many of my 22lr.. or worse.. hang in the bbl on long guns.

and may preve near useless in a EOC situation. ( prolly good to punch paper with a revolver or light slide pistol though.. )
I used some Thunderbolt in my Henry and BearCat last week,man that stuff is dirty. Especially on stainless steel. I don't think I'll buy it again.

#20 ·
I bought 500 pack of Rem. Thunderbolts here in Houston the other day even though I had heard negative comments about them. The accuracy was only marginal but no fail to fires or fail to feeds. The worst part about them was the horrendous barrel leading that occurred. It took me a solid hour or two to get the lead out after only 100 rounds or so. I won't be shooting any more of them as long as I have anything else to shoot. This may not happen in every gun, but it sure did in mine (Ruger Mark III Target model).

Revv
I also got the Ruger MKIII Hunter and WILL not shoot anything but the "better" ammo thru it.
I've yet to use any or fire any rounds of the Thunderduds because I have other .22lr ammo as of right now. The ammo is about as dirty shooting ammo as I've ever seen/used in the past.

#22 ·
That's about $4 higher than it was a year ago, but I would have bought it too. I really haven't noticed that the Remmington is dirty, but I have noticed that I get more misfires/duds with the Remmington than with anyother brand. Still, I would have paid $24 for it myself.

#24 ·
I dont care about dirty ammo. I clean my guns after every range trip anyways. For the right price i'll buy anything that goes BOOM! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.