Well I finally ordered the Savage Axis

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Albtraum, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

After enough procrastination, I went for it. $303 for the .223 model with a threaded muzzle. I went to the pawn shop to let them know I used them as an FFL, and I guess I can start the paperwork on Monday, and start the 10 day waiting period. :bleh: Aside from DROS and other fee's, I also have to pay sales tax, the guy said a new law passed back in November, where you have to pay sales tax on firearms out of state too. Gotta love CA.

Next step is to get a bipod, compensator/muzzle brake, and a decent scope mount and rings for it.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/axissr
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Muzzle brake??? On a .223???
  3. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Got a utg bipod on order from ctd, for my edge. Supposed to be amazing for $30
  4. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

subscribing to see what you think of it when it shows up. I am thinking of getting the same thing.

I'm glad I live where I do. I can walk in, pay for it, and walk out 20 minutes later and head to the range.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

same here in TX, theyll let you buy guns and ammo at the same time and be at the range an hour later wasting the ammo you just bought.