Well I just purchased a new Kahr MK40 and....

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Tenderf00t
    (9/16/01 2:06:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Well I just purchased a new Kahr MK40 and....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted the smallest frame, largest caliber concealed carry gun I could find and this is what I found. Will the little 3 in. barrel be adquate to launch the 40S&W? It's the same exact size as their MK9 with a little more horsepower. So this is really a first for me, first 40S&W, first mousegun. Hope I can hang on to it! All the micro Glocks I tried out were like strapping a brick to you're underwear! Figured it would be left in the safe along with the fullsized 9mm and 45ACP 1911. The only gun I have of this dimensions is a junk Davis 380, which I gave my sisterinlaw! So whaddyathink guys? Did I screwup big time.
    TF
    PS I'll be installing the Elite trigger pretty soon to cut down on the trigger pull length some. They wanted $100 more for the Elite for three $30 trigger parts, minus the fancy polished slide and all.

Edited by: Tenderf00t at: 9/16/01 9:48:07 pm

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (9/16/01 3:04:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Well I just purchased a new Kahr MK40 and....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Kahr is a great little pistol. I think you made a wise choice in the .40S&W round .

Alphamale
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/20/01 10:03:09 pm)
    Kahr makes a great little gun from what I heard. And the .40 is one of the best cals out there right now for self defense. If you stay with a good quality 155gr bullet. IE a nice gold dot or hydra shok, you should have no probs putting what you want down for the count.

Just a Glock lovers .02
    As I rescue those in danger, Lord, may I have no fear.

Tenderf00t
    (9/21/01 9:43:34 am)
    Thanks for the input guys!
    I'm already laying in a supply of ammo, haven't taken possession of it yet (still making payments).
    TF

needleace
    (9/30/01 9:03:59 pm)
    Hey guys-
    made it over and had to open the 'global account', Hence the name change. This is exactly what i've been looking for. My question is how did YOU like the gun? Shoot well? Accurate? Fit your hand? You discussed weight-the MK is within 2-3ozs. of the Glock 27. But it is somewhat thinner. It looks like an excellent carry. My questions are not in argument but for my own info. I, too, have narrowed my next purchase to these two guns.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/30/01 9:31:29 pm)
    Name change, who was ya before......Clark Kent???
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

needleace
    (10/1/01 7:29:44 am)
    Was a newbie-'no pain' over at FE.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (10/1/01 7:46:16 am)
    Well Then! WELCOME!!!! New guys buy beers on Friday nights, cept this Friday it`s on pig883.......he offered and we have accepted.
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

needleace
    (10/1/01 10:37:49 am)
    It's a deal. I'll get the next round. Thanks for the Welcome!!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/1/01 9:19:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Well I just purchased a new Kahr MK40 and....
    Welcome Aboard needleace!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Tenderf00t
    (10/2/01 9:49:42 am)
    I'm just getting over my "newbie buys" myself!
    Welcome aboard!
    TF

walt farr
    (12/20/01 2:25:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del kahr
    go to kahr.com//////////////they have some articles on the mk40...including chrono info

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/20/01 2:31:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: kahr
    Howdy Walt! Feel free to just jump right in, but watch out for the donut eater....claims to be a LEO, but is really a Dunkin manager. Have donut-Will Travel. LTS
    ".....Scratch-N-Sniff"

shooter22
    (12/20/01 4:47:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: kahr
    Welcome Walt, LTS is right, donuts is like currency here, and no tellin' who will snatch your sack of donuts.

ruffitt
    (12/22/01 3:32:08 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Well I just purchased a new Kahr MK40 and....
    I just bought my K40 on Nov 7th. Already put 150 or so rounds through it with no malfunctions. Used different brands/type of ammo, but it seemed to prefer the premium brands (Federal Hydrashocks - Corbons) better than the others Wolf, etc., as far as accuracy was concerned. Did find that most ejected cases were flattened pretty well at the mouth. Some more so than others, regardless of brand/type of casing

Mine fits my hand perfectly and when I bring it up it is just like pointing my finger at something. I also like the sighting system on the Kahr. No need to worry about cant(twist), right/left alignment, front post sitting too deep in the notch/not sitting deed enough in the notch. With the Kahr, when the rear dot is superimposed over the front dot you pull the trigger. Not great for competitive shooting, but sure is effective enough for combat/defensive shooting.

A pleasure to shoot and easily cancelable, it is now my ccw piece of choice - which I carry inside waist band on the right.
    RuffItt

Xracer
    (12/22/01 11:35:56 am)
    Welcome Walt and Needlease......always nice to see new people joining our family.