Well, I now have the 1911 Bug!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JERICHO941, Oct 16, 2007.

1. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

Ive got my first 1911, a Springfield Armory G.I. .45 Micro Compact. Its currently in the shop for a Trigger Job, Beaver Tail, Loop-back Hammer & a set of Meprolite Night Sights. I absolutely love it. Its gonna be my new carry arm. I never thought much about the 1911 series pistols, but now since I have one and have shot it and read the stuff I have about them I now have a high regard and understanding of how great a gun the 1911 series is.

Im currently in the market for another. Since I already have an Officer size I would like to have a 5" Govt. Model. Interested in either a Springfield Armory G.I. .45 or Mil-Spec, or maybe a noting too fancy but something along the lines of a like model Kimber. What would yall recommend? Thanks.
  2. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

Well I know at least preferentially what I want. I would like to have another G.I. .45, but the 5" Govt OD Green Model. I really like to factory look and would not mind keeping it that way, but after shooting my G.I. .45 Micro Compact I have gotta at least have the trigger job, beaver tail & hammer cause I have medium-large size farm hands and trigger bite is bad and by the time I get the trigger pulled Im shaking worse that a guy having a seizure. So what do Yall think?

Would like to ad (1-3 Parkerized Finish)
    1. Mag Well
    2. Beaver Tail Grip Safety
    3. Loop-Back Hammer
    4. 4# Trigger Job
    5. MeproLite Night Sights.
    6. Gator-Back Grips (Black Green Linen Micarta)
    Pistol
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=13
    Grips
    http://www.vzgrips.com/grips.html

Attached Files:

3. HeadHunterII

HeadHunterII New Member

[​IMG]

I think a Kimber Custom II is in order... lol
  4. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

Well that Kimber is a nice piece. But Im kinda drawn to the Springfields, especially the G.I.s because Im a former G.I. Not of the era when they were in use but still a G.I. Plus Im a green fanitic, and its the only 1911 that comes from the factory OD Green and doesn't run $1000+.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

you could always get some green spraypaint:D
  6. berto64

berto64 Active Member

JLA,

I expected better from a Texican. It's gotta be OD spray paint, not just any ol 'green'.
  7. Bravo1

Bravo1 New Member

it's a wonderful bug to have, i own 36 1911's and all but 6 are Springfields. not to upset anyone but the 2 kimbers i had were junk, the custom royal when i first shot it the front sight fell off and the slide would not lock open on an empty mag. the Desert5 warrior, couldnt put 5 shots in 5" at 7yrds no matter the ammo used. but that was my experiance and in no way think that the Kimbers are now junk just the 2 i had. on a happy note i think a Les Bear or a Wilson CQB are in order for you.:)