The Firearms Forum banner

Well, I sure spent my allowance today!

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Bindernut 
#1 ·
Made a trip over to Fargo today to do a "home improvement run" to Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. That shopping list was long enough, but that's another story. :)

Right next door to Lowes is a chain store called Wholesale Sports Outfitters (used to be Sportsmans Warehouse til a couple years back).
They've always been a little high priced compared to Scheels & Gander Mountain but they're also the only place we had locally where I could even have a chance at finding left-handed gunleather to try on-site.

Big banner over the door says "Store Closing Sale". I had to check it out...
Everything on sale for 20-50% off.
I walked out the door with darn near $500 worth of loot...mostly reloading supplies at 20%-30% off.
Most of the popular calibers were already picked through, but there is an advantage to my liking oddball calibers.
I stocked up on 6.5Swede, .25-06, and .222, .204, and .22 Hornet brass. A bunch of bullets for those and other stuff that I reload. A few jugs of powder. Some Lyman, Hornady, and RCBS dies.
Got all of my reloading manuals up to date now too since the books were 40% off.

I suppose now that my new reloading bench is just about complete I needed more goodies to stock the shelves! LOL
(Yeah, I'll post up pics of the new reload room when I get everything settled in.)

See less See more
#2 ·
nice take Binder, Glad you crossed em before it was too late..

#6 ·
Nice score Bindernut; can't wait for pics.

Note to self; talk to wife about raising your allowance to $500:)
Me to! I'm lucky if the wife gives me more than $20 at a time!

#11 ·
Did you clean them out? I am heading to Fargo tomorrow, so now I need to make that a stop while I am down there to check it out!

#12 ·
Nope. Would've liked to drag more stuff home though.
They did have a pretty decent selection yet except for the real popular calibers. Very few .224" bullets left, spotty on the others. handgun caliber supplies were pretty well picked through before I found the sale.

One kid at the counter said they first started discounting the reloading goodies last weekend. I'm sure as it gets closer to closing date the discounts might get better...but the pickins will get slimmer too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.