1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Well I've finally decided....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geezler, Jan 11, 2005.

1. geezler

geezler New Member

to turn three of my guns into projects this winter seeing how the range is a snow and mud bog right now and sitting around ain't getting it for me.

I am taking down my 1911, FN-FAL and my AR-15 for upgrades and new gadgets. I have my FN stripped down now to go to DSA for new barreling and a phosphate job. Next month I start accumulating my new furniture for it. I am going to buy the SAW type pistol grip and stock along with a bi-pod cut handguard.

I am still at a loss on what type of scope to buy or just use the new duplex sites?

I will try to post some pics when i am done with it.
  2. richbug

richbug New Member

Mine does really well with a cheap BSA 3-9x40 on extra high see through rings on a tapco gen 3 mount. less than 2" at 100 with surplus ammo. It allows use of the irons up close.
  3. geezler

geezler New Member

I have a Simmons 6X24X40 that got shook to pieces on the FN. I need something with staying power