well went to the range last night

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mike1959, Jun 7, 2012.

1. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

The more I shoot my P95 the more I like it. Mine has eaten everything I've throw in it, wasn't a great fan of the steel cased Tulammo, I may try that again later after I have more rounds through it, just seemed underpowered to me, had a couple of delayed chamberings, like the slide hadn't cycled all the way to the rear. Went back to the PMC and Blazer brass ammo and no more problems. Once you get the hang of the trigger, it's accurate as anything I've ever shot in all my years.
  2. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

Mogunner, this is the second P95 i have owned. never had a bit of trouble from the first one, sure hope this one follows same path.
  3. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

I picked mine up, new, after shooting a friends that had been through the wringer from all appearance, looked like "truck toolbox" gun when he picked it up on some sort of deal, he's always coming up with pistols that look like they were drug down 10 miles of bad road for next to nothing, but he was happy to pull it out and we spent an afternoon shooting all sorts of ammo through it at different distances and I was much more accurate with it than my SW40VE, and I ain't bad with that. Then my carpal tunnel started acting up and the DAO was just a no-go, even the P95 long trigger on DA I can deal with, especially to get to the nice SA trigger pull. I've heard some describe the P95 trigger pull as "mushy", I think they must be talking about that initial DA pull as neither mine or my friends has anything close.
  4. Mike1959

Mike1959 New Member

well for me the single action pull is great after the initial take up, breaks nice and clean. DA is a lil bit creepy but still managable for a combat styled pistol. i will keep this 95 even if i come across something better.

thanks for comments mogunner