Went from disappointed to very happy :D

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by gun runner, Dec 31, 2011.

1. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

This is an update for my very disappointed thread. Okay I went to shoot my Savage .223 Model 25 but used remington brass cased ammo and everything just went perfect. I shot 12 shots in less than a minute. Perfect and no jams but here is the most important question I have now. Does anyone think I ruined the barrel of the gun to where it would cause unnaccurate shots because of the steel cased ammo by tulammo? Im thinking because the way it was jammed real hard. If so Im going to get a cutting torch and cut the damn gun in half then throw it in the trash ;)
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  2. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Also I would like to say Thank You very much to you guys for the very helpful information. If only I would of known *shaking my damn head* :dance:
  3. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything went good for you. Hopefully you've learned some good lessons on using the appropriate ammunition for your weapon and properly cleaning the preservatives out of a new rifle before firing.

Next time before "shaking your damn head" take a good look in the mirror and make sure you are not or have not caused the problem.
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Thank you. Im just concerned about the barrel. The guy at bass pro shops said it might cause some wear in the barrel if I would of shot tulammo about 600 times. I shot like only 6-7 at the most I gotta look in the case. I also wonder because the shells got jammed and were very tough to get out that the barrel could of got abraised bad to where it would cause accuracy problems. I dont really have much time to go to the farm because Im an oil field truck driver hauling frac sand in south texas and Im lucky i got today off :bleh: I will go out tommorow and get things going.
  5. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Oh yeah I fired 6 times with tulammo and thats all. I just checked the box. Tommorow Im going to throw it in the river since ammo is not refundable *shaking my damn head*
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

With ammo you get what you pay for. If you like your rifle dont buy the cheap S***. If you dont care and its just a beater truck rifle you apid 90 bucks for then by all means shoot whatever does.
  7. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's great, glad to hear things worked out.
    I don't believe you have to worry about having ruined anything on your new Savage with your short lived experiment with AK/SKS (type) plinker ammo. Just enjoy your new rifle. :)
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  8. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Thanks, I just cant believe how perfect the remington umc ammo went through. I was working the bolt action that was perfect getting the shells in the chamber so fast and the bullets were flying perfect like a machine gun :D
  9. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

If you have a bunch of it, run an add on one of the sales forums.Somebody with a Saiga .223 will snap it up. It'll run fine in the Russian gun.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  10. oakridge

oakridge New Member

Gun Runner, if you decide to throw the gun away, do not cut it in half. Repeat: do not cut in half. Bring it by 1412 Cherry St. and carefully put in trash can on the curb. I will safely dispose of it for you.
  11. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

He is getting rid of the ammo, not the gun.
  12. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yup, don't just waste it, someone can use it. Who knows, you might even be able to re-coupe a little money.