1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Went shopping need info

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Arkie55
    (10/22/02 4:48:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Went shopping need info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know if I posted that because of the good feedback from this forum I ordered the Lee Anniversary Kit from Cabelas along with a few other goodies I needed. The reloader is in and after looking everything over and "playing" with it a little I am happy with what I got for the money. Its not RCBS like I am used to but it will get the job done.

I stopped by a little gun shop on my way home from work yesterday and purchased the only box of 6.5 bullets he had, a pound of RL-22 and a hundred Remington 9 1/2 primers. The bullets are 120 grain Nosler BT. Any suggestions on a starting point with these componets. I have data for 120 sp but would welcome your input. I want to end up with a hot rod load for the 120's but of course I want to start below max.

Never forget your dreams.
    Work hard to make your dreams a reality.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/22/02 9:53:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Went shopping need info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll get you tomorrow, I am not near my reloading data right now.

What caliber case? I shoot 264 win mag, but have the books that are pretty current for all cartridges.

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

Arkie55
    (10/23/02 8:04:16 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Case
    6.5X55 custom Mauser on a 98 action.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/23/02 9:32:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Case
    Arkie -

My Swede mauser likes the 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips seated over 47.7 gr of IMR 4831 and a Federal 215M primer.

The 4831 is slightly faster than your RL-22.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"