Went shopping need info

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Arkie55
    (10/22/02 4:48:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Went shopping need info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know if I posted that because of the good feedback from this forum I ordered the Lee Anniversary Kit from Cabelas along with a few other goodies I needed. The reloader is in and after looking everything over and "playing" with it a little I am happy with what I got for the money. Its not RCBS like I am used to but it will get the job done.

I stopped by a little gun shop on my way home from work yesterday and purchased the only box of 6.5 bullets he had, a pound of RL-22 and a hundred Remington 9 1/2 primers. The bullets are 120 grain Nosler BT. Any suggestions on a starting point with these componets. I have data for 120 sp but would welcome your input. I want to end up with a hot rod load for the 120's but of course I want to start below max.

Never forget your dreams.
    Work hard to make your dreams a reality.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/22/02 9:53:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Went shopping need info
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll get you tomorrow, I am not near my reloading data right now.

What caliber case? I shoot 264 win mag, but have the books that are pretty current for all cartridges.

Hey, Bin Lauden, our women can kick you butt!

Arkie55
    (10/23/02 8:04:16 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Case
    6.5X55 custom Mauser on a 98 action.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/23/02 9:32:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Case
    Arkie -

My Swede mauser likes the 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips seated over 47.7 gr of IMR 4831 and a Federal 215M primer.

The 4831 is slightly faster than your RL-22.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"