went to doctor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BETH, Jan 3, 2012.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

feeling like i was coming down with a cold or something did not pay any attention to it. went to the range took ear muffs off left ear blocked ???? went to karaoke ear still blocked ????? go to bed boy did i have an ear ache wow, would wake me fall back to sleep wake me all night long. Anyway get up in the morning ear does not hurt that bad touch the pocket of ear, dry blood go get q tip pink wet blood???go to doctor says i have an ear infection which ripped or put a small hole in eardrum-wow anyway all is good i think he has me on meds and thinks the hole will mend, little scary
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Wow, "sounds" like no fun....OK bad pun.

But your eardrum should be fine when your infection is under control.
    (double checked with my wife, the nurse for 35 years ;) )
  3. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Hope you feel better soon.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Beth, I feel yer pain. :(

When I was a child, my adenoids grew into my ear canals. Excruciating pain. :mad:
    This was 50 years ago, and the doctors were clueless. I had many cleanings under sedation, tubes inserted, etc. All my Mom could do was rock me to sleep, cry, and wait till I awoke the next morning to start again.

They finally decided to radiate my ears. I don't know if I was the first one to undergo the treatment, but I'm pretty sure I was.

I was put on a granite slab, and they shot cobalt rays into my head. The granite was cold, and I was told not to move. Then they turned me over and did it again. I went through this on four different occasions in a months time.

It worked.

I remember going to a 4th of July fireworks celebration on the waterfront. I stayed in the car and cried because the firework were so loud (windows rolled up no less). :eek:

You'll be fine. This I know. Don't ask me why, I just know. :)
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wow sorry u went thru all that Bob, its a little funky all the noises u hear in your ears and most of the pain is gone today just hope it heals i thank God that's all it is there are so many out there going thru a lot more than i am, it was just a little scary. thanks for everyones thoughts
  6. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Beth, I know that any kind of pain in my ears just drives me crazy.

And this is why I never go to the doc anymore, they never give me any GOOD news...
  7. The Duke

The Duke New Member

I went today to have my 'bigfooted' shoulder checked...Appt was for 845...At 1145, no doctor and Im sitting in a full waiting room more than half filled with coughing, sneezing Upper Respiratory Infections...which I didnt have at the time....I left before I caught something and try again next week...

Hope you get better and I havent caught it...
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Been there done that but healed, Brother did that and now has punctured ear drum that did not heal. Both of us got it while we were healthy young studs in the Navy.
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Prayers for a speedy recovery beth. Not a good way to start the new year.
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

good thing i am emailing everyone cause u can talk and talk and i can just about hear u, hey maybe thats a good thing wont be able to hear my boss:lmao2:
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Praying that it all heals up well for you Beth. Ear pain is one of the most annoying possible, I'd rather have a toothache than ear pain. Hang in there and keep us posted please.
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

its very annoying but it could be worse, the internet said it could heal in 2 week or 3 months whatever will be will be, thanks for thinkin bout me
  13. Clipper

Clipper Member

Perforated eardrum is fairly common. I flew dive bombers in the Navy, used to get ear/sinus blocks frequently. It hurt like hell until the ear drum blew, or the sinus cavity ruptured. The sinus blockage felt like I had a hot nail driven into my face below my eyes, but when it ruptured, pure relief! I have no idea how many times my ears blew, but sinus blocks are memorable. I have moderate hearing loss, and my doc says he can see lots of scars on my ear drums, but they still work.

During War 2, Luftwaffe pilots would line up monthly at their flight surgeons. He would take a long needle and pierce each ear drum to prevent blockage. the drum grew back in about a month, but the German pilots didn't have ear blocks!
  14. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

Sorry Beth may I suggest some R&R in Beautiful Tropical Chaska Minnesota
  15. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Interesting thanks for the info
  16. Rhuga

Rhuga New Member

When I go to the Doctor....They just make me feel worse!
  17. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

My wallet usually feels worse too!
  18. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Sorry to hear about your ear problems Beth, good luck with your healing.
    My ear problem is different. I suffer from tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Sometimes it turns into a high pitched scream that has sent me to my knees before. Almost a searing pain and physically disabling.

What with being in an artillery unit for three tours in Nam and 30 yrs on heavy equipment and loud HD motorcycles at the same time.
    It has calmed to a steady roar now in my sixties and I can live with that I guess.
  19. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

You, me and millions more, it can be nerve-racking, mine goes 24/7. 11 years in a steel mill before hearing protection was required didn't help. Sometimes it's hereditary, sometimes not.

Plus 60s-70s rock n roll baby! My heaing isn't that great now.
  20. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i thought they had medication for ringing ears?