1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Went to the indoor range today

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Deacon_Man, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Guys, I met my younger brother at the indoor range today for a little shooting contest. I took my 1911 military and my Taurus judge with the 6.5" long barrel
    . AT 7 yards I was holding a 2" pattern and at 15 yards I could hold a 3" pattern with both my 1911 and the Judge using .45 long colts.
    I have read a lot of bad reviews for the Taurus Judge with the 3" and 4" barrels. This was my first time to shoot my new Judge and I am here to tell you a Judge with a 6.5" barrel is an accurate gun.
    My new S.A.M. 1911 military 45acp is a lot of fun to shoot. I fired 100 rounds down range today with no problems. My brother loads all my ammo free of charge and I get a senior discount (half price) 9am until 12pm Monday thru Friday. How can life get any better?
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good looking guns and good shooting. Wish I could hold a three inch group at 15 yards with my 1911 but can't do it any more but will keep trying.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yes that sure looks and sounds good to me ;)
  4. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

I like the judge! my son shoots my 4" judge using the 45lc and gets 4" groups at 25 ft. wish i could!! i get about 6" groups at 15ft.

now using the buckshot i outshoot him with it at 20ft, but not by much! course the 410 is much stronger than the 45lc..and using #8 shot its a dead heat at 15ft and less!
  5. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Todd you could do it if you wouldn't close both eyes when you pull the trigger!:lmao2: