1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

We're is a cheap place

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by southernshooter, Jul 29, 2006.

1. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

To get some AK drums all im findin is between $100/$140
    Would I be better off with a 75 round magazine?
  2. stash247

stash247 New Member

Bud, "some drums" implies a war, not just a battle; my enperience with drum type mags would lead me to believe that the cheap ones are at that price, for good reason!
    A drum has a bunch more weight, and friction, than a box type mag, both of which can quickly compromise any hope of reliability; if you can find RELIABLE drums, pay whatever the seller asks, and feel fortunate.
    Personally, I shoot an FAL, and drums are non existant, but I would prefer the 20 rd box mags, even if the drums were plentiful, and cheap.
    My reasoning is simple; a drum would make the rifle, and the shooter, at least 4" taller, from prone, and the additional exposure could be hazardous to one's health!
  3. southernshooter

I like the 30 rounder stock mags on it but bumpfiring emptys them too quick just wanted to try somethin new.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

So shoot slower and hit more;)
  5. southernshooter

It is a AK so no matter how I shoot it. It is pretty accurate. I try shootin slower but that defeats the purpose of an AK:) :D :)