Western Field/Mossberg mfg. date?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Spirit 1, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Spirit 1

Spirit 1 New Member

Hi folks!

Can anyone tell me how to decipher manufacturing date for a Western Field M550CD 20 gauge shotgun from the serial number?

Apparently it's a Mossberg 500 from what I have read, not absolutely sure though.

Thanks for any tips!
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It is a Mossberg 500, I personally know of no resource for the manufacturing dates for the Mossberg 500, It's a modern firearm and people usually are not concerned with modern manufacture dates on shotguns.
  3. Spirit 1

Spirit 1 New Member

Thanks for the reply. My interest is in sourcing the right barrel and magazine tube, changing from 5+1 to 7+1. From what I've read that requires knowing model year. May contact Mossberg and see what they say. Thanks.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Spirit, Many times Mossberg 500 accessory will not fit the cheaper store brand guns with out some minor modifications. and sometimes they wont fit at all.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. Spirit 1

Spirit 1 New Member

Thanks for the info, RJay! It looks like a dead end anyway because it's a 20 ga, not 12 ga. Nothing much available. For the price of what accessories I could find I could buy a new gun, so.....

Plus it's actually a good little gun as is, I'll hotrod something else!