1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Western Field/Mossberg mfg. date?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Spirit 1, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Spirit 1

Spirit 1 New Member

Hi folks!

Can anyone tell me how to decipher manufacturing date for a Western Field M550CD 20 gauge shotgun from the serial number?

Apparently it's a Mossberg 500 from what I have read, not absolutely sure though.

Thanks for any tips!
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It is a Mossberg 500, I personally know of no resource for the manufacturing dates for the Mossberg 500, It's a modern firearm and people usually are not concerned with modern manufacture dates on shotguns.
  3. Spirit 1

Spirit 1 New Member

Thanks for the reply. My interest is in sourcing the right barrel and magazine tube, changing from 5+1 to 7+1. From what I've read that requires knowing model year. May contact Mossberg and see what they say. Thanks.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Spirit, Many times Mossberg 500 accessory will not fit the cheaper store brand guns with out some minor modifications. and sometimes they wont fit at all.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. Spirit 1

Spirit 1 New Member

Thanks for the info, RJay! It looks like a dead end anyway because it's a 20 ga, not 12 ga. Nothing much available. For the price of what accessories I could find I could buy a new gun, so.....

Plus it's actually a good little gun as is, I'll hotrod something else!