We've got Lindsey Graham, Mark Sanford, and now required terrorist registration...SC

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ponycar17, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Oh, this is just sad... Someone slap me and tell me that my local government isn't really THIS stupid! :eek::eek:

From http://rawstory.com/2010/02/south-carolinas-subversive-activities-registration-act-force/

Oh, this is embarrassing... :eek:

The Governor's Appalachian trail adventure doesn't hold a candle to this... ;)
  2. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Re: We've got Lindsey Graham, Mark Sanford, and now required terrorist registration..

that'll do it...;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  3. Artemus

Artemus New Member

Re: We've got Lindsey Graham, Mark Sanford, and now required terrorist registration..

I wonder if Teachers and Professors will have to pay the fee now.They are about as subversive of anyone I know.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

And here I thought Wahington State held the title for political stoopidity?:eek:

I formally submit that South Carolina now holds that title.
    For the time at least.:rolleyes:
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

So let me get this straight, SC gives you $5 to overthrow this government.:p
  6. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Just when you think you've seen it all...:eek:
  7. artabr

artabr New Member

Pony, no offense, but the jackass in your avatar wouldn't happen to have S.C. branded on it by chance, would it. :confused: :D

Art
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Possibly Art, possibly... :eek:
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness,” states the Declaration of Independence.
  10. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Oh come on...this can't really be true. Can it? Please convince me this is not real. This is one state but you know it'll bleed over to other states eventually. Since we on this forum are probably considered domestic terrorists are we going to eventually have to fork over 5 bucks?
  11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Just the very thought of this makes me want to puke my face off:mad:
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Should I send this one in?

Attached Files:

13. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I'm glad you filled one out, I didn't have time --- I'm too busy shooting zombies online while I eat lunch. :rolleyes:
  14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Meh, I was bored and had some time on my hands.:D
  15. ARB

ARB New Member

I'm sure they're lining the sidewalks.:rolleyes:
  16. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

If I was a prosecutor, I would interpret that as including any foreign lobbyist, and start to lock them all up! :D:D
  17. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

I predict this bit of legislative lint won't even make through the SC courts !!

But, since most of its legislature is comprised of lawyers, perhaps it will !! Obviously these "Doctors of Law" are collectively very vague about the U.S. Constitution; particularly its fifth amendment !

A couple decades' back when I traveled to S.C. often, I was struck by horde of NYS/NYC types invading the state. On my flights out to EWR, most planes had numbers of NYC's "faces" ala columnists, TV talking heads, etc. Seems these prog invaders ran for the legislature...... >MW
  18. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

How is the Bureaucracy going to be funded? Some how I can't see CAIR paying $5 and if charged, will go to court at a cost of millions just for that one case. Somehow I think if they are funded by registration fees that they will not collect even the first $5. You know the PoliSci and Sociology Profs. at the Universities and Teacher Unions won't pay.

This is going to be fun to watch. But then I don't live in S.C. and won't have to pay for it unless the State defaults on its debts and goes to the Fed. for a bail out.
  19. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Inasmuch as the government is hired by me, paid by me and thus theoretically under my control, I guess I'd have to register, according to this edict. I learned that even before it was presented to me in my 4th grade US History class.

I wonder what they would do if their two Senators and their Congressmen don't register. Don't they "conduct" the government?

What about the State legislators? Don't the various government agencies conduct the business of the State or the Federal government? Every hired hand of any SC State office, agency, and body with duties to perform will be in violation if they don't register. Every Federal employee in SC will be in violation if they don't register.

This sounds like a nifty idea. Some states have a reward system for identifying and reporting criminals. If SC has such a program, just go around and get the employee list of every State agency and turn 'em in. :D If they complain, tell them you are a law abiding citizen and you don't appreciate being told to just stand aside when you see a crime being committed.

This could turn into a bunch of fun.
    ;):rolleyes::cool::D

Pops
  20. obxned

obxned New Member

Have the president, most of congress, and many on the supreme court signed and paid yet?