Whadda ya gonna do?

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by susie, Apr 19, 2003.

1. susie

susie New Member

A US Air Force C-141 is scheduled to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland, at midnight. During the pilot's preflight check he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight.

A message is sent to the base, and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it. He finally gets to the air base only to find that the latrine pump has been left outdoors and is frozen solid so he must find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time.

He finally arrives at the aircraft and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as to not risk criticism later.

As he's leaving the plane, the pilot, an Air Force Major, stops him and says "Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late, and I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded, but punished."

The poor guy says, "Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son. I'm an Enlisted Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule, Greenland for eleven months without a furlough, and reindeer are beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe, it's two thirty in the morning it's twenty degrees below zero and my specialty here is to pump $hit from an aircraft. Now just what form of punishment did you have in mind?"
  2. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

I think he's got the Major on that one.:D:D:D:D:D:eek:
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

4. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Dang, Can I ever relate this to my younger years as an enlisted member in the U.S.Navy:eek: catfish
  5. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

:D:D How about 11 more months in Greenland? :D:D