The Firearms Forum banner

What .45 pistols don't like lead ball or SWC?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DGG! 
#1 ·
I'm wondering about some of the H&K USP 45 or Glock 21 .45 acp pistols.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
I actually shot about 100 roundS of 230 LRN reloads through my Glock 30. No issues BUT there was some lead fouling, mainly around the end of the barrel. Somewhat of a pain to get out but lead is softer than steel so you wont hurt the barrel, just be prepared to really clean it every 100 rounds or so.

#6 ·
I actually shot about 100 roundS of 230 LRN reloads through my Glock 30. No issues BUT there was some lead fouling, mainly around the end of the barrel. Somewhat of a pain to get out but lead is softer than steel so you wont hurt the barrel, just be prepared to really clean it every 100 rounds or so.
Thanks for the info, that what I wanted to know.

FYI- an easy way to remove lead from a barrel is to get some of those all 100% copper pot scrubbinhg pads at the grocery store. Give the barrel a good solvent soak and tear off a piece of the copper pad and run it through the barrel a couple dozen times. It is hard enough to strip out the lead without causing any damage or scratching to the steel barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.