1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What a bunch of liars!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 1952Sniper, Jun 27, 2003.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Ok, who should I sue? My parents? The media?

When I was a kid, I was told that things would be wonderful when I grew up. We were supposed to have flying cars, personal jet backpacks, daily trips to the moon, etc. What happened to all that?

I want my money back!
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yep, right there with ya Sniper, my Dad told me veal came from eagles! Got me in a lot of good fights. Oh yea, says you! I double dare ya! :D :D :D :D
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

LOL, isn't it stupid what kids fight about? And isn't it funny how gullible kids are?

I remember when I was a kid, if I was being bullied I would threaten the other kids by telling them my father would bomb their houses (since he was a fighter pilot). It actually worked a couple of times.

But really, I want to know why we never got the things that society promised us. I just assumed that when I grew up, the military would be using laser guns. Or that we would all have robots in our houses to do the chores. What happened to those ideas, and why didn't they come true?
  4. Sir Bug

Sir Bug New Member

Hey guys,

Keep checking "The Constitutional & RKBA Forum" for info. I'm sure someone will post a message stating that it is a government conspiracy to deny you the rights to have what you were told the future held for you.

Sir Bug
  5. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

Yep, i'm sure of it too.
  6. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

could have named you sue !
  7. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

I don't know about all that, Sniper. My wife would tell you that my gunsafe utilizes the same technology as the replicator on the Federation Starship Enterprise.
  8. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

HEHEHEHEHE ROFLMFAO!
    good one
    sheesh if flying cars were all that you were promised than its a damn shame for me, we are suposed to have all sorts of crap according to my childhood, ability to grow limbs back all sorts of stuff, but what do we get, 20 million a piece honda and sony robots that play soccer...
  9. warpig

warpig Guest

Damn, I have been wanting one of those for years!
  10. hntngirl

hntngirl New Member

:D LOL! Yeah, that's the one I'm still waiting on!
    I remember thinking that by the year 2000 there would be teleportation pods on every street corner so you could just step in and get beamed to wherever you wanted to go!
    And those airboard things in "Back to the Future" would really rock during hunting season. They'd really cut down on the noise walking in after a dry summer!
  11. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I was watching a program the other day that was made in the 1950's, where they were talking about what the future would be like. The whole family jumped into the car and told it where they wanted to go and it drove them there. Why don't we have that?

Welcome to the boards, hntngrl. Those boards would darn sure come in handy. For that matter, a car that runs on garbage and that can travel in time would, too. :D
  12. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

actually in la they have an auto drive section of the highway, *shrugs* saw it on the learning channel
  13. wuzzagrunt

wuzzagrunt New Member

My cousin is a computer engineer and he assures me that the "off the shelf" technology exists--right now--to make steering wheels obsolete. It would require a massive investment in infrastructure and, overcoming the resistance of the driving public to the idea of not being in control of their personal conveyance would be a tough sell. Most people have delusions of adequacy where their driving skills are concerned.

I, for one, look forward to the day when I can jump in my car and go bar hopping. "Home, James! *Hic*
  14. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I hear ya. I have a 47-mile commute in to work each day. I would love to just set the computer and be able to drink my coffee and read the paper on my way to work.
  15. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

I enjoy driving far to much to let it go.