What a meal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Feb 10, 2006.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Navy beans rice four different kinds of sausage mixed veggies slow cooked for about 17 hours and the let sit over night then reheated for six hours in the crock pot I will be back to NORMAL (for me anyway) about daylight.
    Been two weeks without beans, I thought I was going to go through withdraws. :eek: ;)
    Carla isn't all that happy about my bean eating but I like them a lot :D
    Ron
  2. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

Back Strap Steaks Taters Mushroom Gravy And biscuts.

Ray
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Ron it's hard to beat that slow cooking isant it?

My best chili so far is one that cooks all day, chills in the fridge or in the wash room on a cold night, then slow cooked all the next day.

Anything worth cooking is worth cooking slow!

Crpdeth
  4. searcher5

searcher5 New Member

Ron-you best stay away from open flames for a while!

I love beans. Most any kind. Not "wax" or "garbanzo" beans, though. I think those are preppy beans.

Give me pinto, navy, red, or black . Ham hocks, preferably, although bacon or smoked sausage will do. Damn, I'm getting hungry!
  5. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Oh Searcher,... garbanzo's slow cooked with chicken tits, yellow curry & cranberries. um um um GOOD! Now my wife is Italian/Russian, I'm a simple white boy. But that is one of my favorite dishes. She makes good chili, too (with or w/o the beans) I don't think I haven't loved anything coming out of the slow cooker :)
    Remember the ol' saying: Kissin don't last, cookin' do! After 23 yrs, She can still kiss too! ;) I am Blessed.
  6. Only way to cook pinto or navy beans is Southern style, very slowly with lots of pork fat for flavoring, with maybe just a smidgeon of spices! Put that with a pan of cornbread and dinner is served! :D