What a roller coaster of a ride

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Lapua Kid, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Ok about a month ago I asked you guys to say a little prayer for me . I had just found out I had a Tumor in my colon rectum area . Here's the kicker I'm a para have been for 17 years very active besides medical issues I live a great life I have a great family and a very strong wife gesh if i was half as strong as she was id be happy . Well 12/13 I went in for the colon exam as soon as he entered I heard him say theres a tumor with being a para i was fully aware as i asked not to be given anything . Then i heard him say press this they were taking a sample to send off .He pretty much assured me it was not beigned oh did the worry start I'm only 53 my neighbor just died of colon cancer it was terrible . And I jumped on the internet looking for anything to grab stage what that how can I tell if i can tell . Normally you are in the later stages when found . Being a para i knew I had had it and just didnt know . Well I met the sergeon he comfimered the cells look disturbed I'm like??????????????. He ordered test blood work , CT Scans setup date to remove thats when the good news started and i hope continues the CT's barely showed a tumor and the CT showed no signs of spreading to liver or lungs me I'm still worried doctors practice . Well 2 days before sergery he cancels saying things were going to quick we needed to slow down . We the Mrs forget me said OK and got the next open date at the hosiptal for surgery . Well he started off not wanting to open me up but later having to he couldnt find the tumor it was lower than expected .He moved 1 1/2 foot of colon and attached and bag and its not reversable oh i wish it was . He fealt good after they diced and choped up the tumor he classed it as Stage 1 with no spread contained within the colon wall , no signs in 17 or 27 lymph nodes or blood vessels being affected . I lost the use of my right arm musta pinched a nerve or muscle issues with being on OR table for 6 hrs . But day by day I'm useing it more and it's getting stronger . Guys and gals I'm sorry to bore you but I wanted to say Thank you all for the prayers .I learned 17 years ago about prayer . And I wanted to take a little time to say Thanks ,

Jimmy :)
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Prayers are always sent, I'm glad to hear that your recover is going well. Prayer is a power that isn't one to take lightly.
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Heavenly Father -
    We thank you for watching over our brother Jimmy in this.
    We thank you, Lord, that this malignancy had not spread.
    We thank you that the surgery went well and with no complications.
    We ask that you would continue to watch over him and bring to him a speedy recovery without any set-backs, restoring his strength and enabling him to resume full activity.

And we ask, Lord, that you would keep your hand on his wife at this time especially. We ask that you would give her an extra measure of strength as she goes through this most difficult time of worrying and caring for him.

And we ask these things in the name of Jesus the Christ, the Great Physician.

Amen -
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

5. Juker

Juker New Member

Amen. Please keep us posted, brother ~
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Amen Prayers from this side
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Amen!
  8. rosierita

rosierita New Member

Amen!

thank you for the update jimmy.
  9. Airdale

Airdale Member

Amen. Thanks for the update Jimmy, great news.
  10. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Your a good addition to this forum. I like your posts. I send my prayers and best for you to recover and continue with the excellent attitude you've shown in your situation. It's an inspiration for those of us with relatively small problems compared to your's. Good luck.
  11. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member