What ammo for my HiPoint c-9 9mm Pistol

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Rhuga, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I am getting myself a new pistol for Christmas and I want to start out right with the best ammo for this weapon.

I have heard that Wolf doesn't function very well. Is USA Ammo any good? The price seems good both for the FMJ's and HP's. Any others?

How about Silver Bear, Tula, and Lawman?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't have a High Point but a friend does and it is a rugged, can't hurt it, pistol that just keeps going. In my 9's I use Federal HST in 124 grain and 147 grain for defensive work. I reload a lot of my plinking loads again with 124 grain bullets but for factory plinking range ammo CCI Blazer in aluminum case or brass is hard to beat price wise. Locally it can be found for $10.00/50 aluminum case and $11.00/50 for brass case. Enjoy that new pistol.
  3. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

Merry Christmas, indeed! For target/plinking, I wouldn't worry about using the "best" ammo. Almost any factory FMJ should work fine. I've always liked using the same weight bullet for practice as JHPs that I carry for SD. For SD I have gone to 147 gr. Rem Golden Sabers (very accurate out of my Glock), so I reload the same weight bullet for practice.

Try several brands and see what runs best though your new pistol
  4. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Thank you for the info. It is very much appreciated.