What AR bolt should I get

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Helix_FR, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

OK so I'm posting this b/c some of you more savvy AR guys could tell me this. I'm buying a bolt for my AR build. I have a stainless DPMS bull barrel that I'm working with. So I'm faced with a few choices for a bolt. I was going to get a doublestar bolt but its relatively new and doublestar had nothing about it on their web site. Brownells sells them now. I know doublestar is generally a good manufacturer for lowers. So here is what I narrowed it down to. Doublestar, AR Stoner, DPMS, or Daniel Defense. Anyone have opinions on these choices. All are chrome lined.
  2. sorral

sorral New Member

I personally like dealing with Del-Ton. They have a fully chromed bolt (on back order now) available at their site. If given the chance and I had enough money that is what I would have gotten. :D
  3. m00kie

m00kie New Member

I have a DPMS Bolt and Carrier Assembly that I have been using since I built my AR15 (about a year ago) and I am completely satisfied. DPMS is what I would recommend, but then again I have never used any other brand
  4. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets New Member

get a full auto bolt, its legal as long as you dont have other full auto parts
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Thanks JLA. I was thinking the same thing. I know the DPMS has a tendecy to run lower tolerance on their headspacing so that has crossed my mind. I ended up buying a CMT for a auto rifle with the contingency that I could send it back if the headspacing was off. Mine came in at 1.4661 so its pretty tight but closes fine on my federal and remington brass. So far last weekend I had it down to 1 inch groups at 100yds and that was using the recipe that I use for my M77 Ultralight. I'm going to try to get some pictures up tonight.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

sweet... please do;)
  8. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Here's the new lady. DPMS 16in SS bull barrel w/ Glacier Guard's, DSA A3 Upper and CMT bolt and carrier, JP Trigger.

Attached Files:

9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

shes a beaut helix. Well done sir...