What C&R wholesaler/retailer is your favorite

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/17/02 3:29:31 pm)
    Reply | Del All What C&R wholesaler/retailer is your favorite
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOG
    AIM
    Century Arms
    Navy Arms
    Other, please list

Show results

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/17/02 7:34:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: What C&R wholesaler/retailer is your favorite
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AIM is pretty good, Navy Arms is great whenever they have anything in stock (which isn't often!) but I always seem to go back to SOG for the best deals.

Century can kiss my a$$.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/18/02 8:22:30 am)
    I have always had the best luck with Sog, though I've gotten some good deals from others, but Sog is still my favorite.

ThePitbullofLove
    (9/18/02 10:09:02 am)
    AIM by a long shot.
    They've never sent me anything that wasn't exactly as it was described or better.
    they are a JOY to deal with.
    life is the crummiest book I ever read, there isn't a hook, just a lot of cheap shots, pictures to shock and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/19/02 7:32:54 am)
    SOG normally has some good prices, but the quality of the merchandise you get is the best at AIM.

stanmail
    (9/21/02 11:44:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del C&R wholesaler/retailer favorite
    AIM

lucky134
    (10/6/02 10:28:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: C&R wholesaler/retailer favorite
    I've gotten things from both AIM and SOG. I enjoy doing business with AIM, mainly because I can go there and see things firsthand, and they only charge $15.00 for the transaction, whether it's for one item or more. I don't have a C & R license, so anything I get from SOG, I have to get through an FFL holder. also, the guys at AIM try to help me and are good to deal with!

prezzzzz
    (10/13/02 9:00:54 am)
    How much do these companys charge for shipping and other Misc. charges? I see some of them still charge tax even if you don't live in there state.

So, if they sell a rifle at such great price, it seems that all the other charges would put them right back to what you can get one at a gun show, but at the gun show, you get to see what your buying first.

Is this an accurate observation? I'm new to this and trying to learn the best avenue to aquire my collection.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/13/02 8:30:11 pm)
    Actually, most of them only charge tax if you reside in the same state as them. If you use a credit card, SOG charges a credit card use fee, whereas AIM does not. I usually try to order 5 rifles at a time - they ship them in one box, and it is a shipping cost saver, working out to about 3 or 4 dollars per rifle.

dz86
    (11/1/02 1:56:54 pm)
    Never had anything but great luck with AIM. Had both really good, and really, really bad from SOG. Aim also seems to be the most consistent in their grading of condition. Always my first choice.
    Dave

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/15/02 8:47:46 pm)
    Well - I am greatly disappointed with AIM on their Albanian SKS special - poorly graded, parts missing. They advertised bolt and receiver matching, but finish wear - well, 4 out of the 5 rifles I got were mismatched, and two of them even had bolts and bolt carriers in them that were not Albanian! AIM just slid way down on my list ----

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/16/02 7:59:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: What C&R wholesaler/retailer is your favorite
    Call them Bob, tell them to take them back or to make
    good on them, if not then this site gives them a big
    thumbs down in the feedback forum!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

sig230
    (11/23/02 4:21:14 pm)
    I've had good luck with AIM but lately even better luck with CDNN. In fact, one rifle I ordered from CDNN at the Good-Very good rating turned out to be unissued or so close to unissued that it doesn't matter.

fijfi
    (12/22/02 10:32:25 pm)
    Anyone have the link to AIM. I'm sending my application for a C&R tomorrow.

Jamie

colasweet
    (12/23/02 12:50:21 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del http://aimsurplus.com/
    I also slide over to AIM as my first choice on most things. Always fast and polite replies to email questions.

aimsurplus.com/

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/23/02 6:43:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: http://aimsurplus.com/
    Well, you all may think AIM is great, but frankly I think they are a bunch of low life rip off artists. I have been going round and round with them for two months now on the pile of crap Albanian SKS rifles they sent me that were mismatched, broken, and parts missing. They have blatently lied to me, never made good on the deal, and keep avoiding my correspondence.

Buyer beware of these jerks.

MP40
    (1/5/03 12:03:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del SOG........Welllllll...........
    I ordered two items from SOG. Both times they had to go back because for "hand Picked" they looked somewhat less than, well, hand picked.

First time I sent a rrifle back the replacement was just as I expected, super shape.

The second one is still outstanding........we'll see......

davemastae
    (1/14/03 4:18:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG........Welllllll...........
    my favorite is sog or century. if you get crap they pay return shipping. It's handpick everytime, you see!!

mustang7513
    (1/17/03 6:16:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: SOG........Welllllll...........
    Haven't purchased from any as yet, but will be from AIM as soon as they get my C&R. AIM seems to have a great selection and price and many good recommendations. SOG looks good also, but not as many recommendations. Will try AIM first.

mustang7513
    (1/17/03 6:20:59 pm)
    Never seen prices at a gun show that are as good as AIM or SOG, even with S&H. There could be exceptions, but not for the guns I have looked at. Like ths SKS at AIM, $129.00 for excelent grade including S&H. Closest I got at a gun show was $200+ and I would not have called it excelent grade.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

dbard40
    (1/26/03 11:11:25 am)
    Aim is by far. Sog always ripped me off with their supposedly " hand pick". I have wasted a lot of money for nothing with them.