The Firearms Forum banner

What can you tell me about: F.B. Radom 1933 kbks.wz31 rifle?

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jim K 
#1 ·
I have this 22 F.B. Radom 1933 kbks.wz31 rifle that my grandfather brought back from WWII and I'm looking for information on it - the possible value and the history of the weapon. I am not interested in selling, I would just like to know more about it. I also have a letter detailing his find, and how he came to acquire it back in the war.

It still fires beautifully. I actually did so just earlier today and it is super sharp. The safety and everything is just fine, so other than wear and tear it is in great condition.

Here are a few pictures...

See less See more
#2 ·
You have a .22 caliber Model 1931 Polish training rifle. As in other countries, such rifles were issued to high school level students for military training. It was made at Fabryka Broni Radom (Radom Arms Factory) in 1933. The official designation is Kbk.S. Wz. 31 (Karabinek Sportowy [Sport Carbine] Model 31)

Unfortunately someone chose to "sporterize" that one and in so doing reduced its value from about $2000 to maybe $300.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.