what do i have ?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by eaton615, Jun 10, 2012.

1. eaton615

eaton615 New Member

hello, i have aquired several firearms through trading and would like to know what they are, a couple of them were my fathers and some have been just laying around for quite some time. here is a list of them by make and serial #
    any help would be appreciated....
    marlin 39a ser#k14259
    marlin 60s ser#05239467
    sporting arms 10 ga snake charmer ser#53038
    protector 20 ga ser#297048
    higgins ser#58316
    new england pardner ser#353892
    smith & wesson 357magnum us secret service ser#ayr9921
    high standard-high sierra .22 revolver ser#m086699
    us revolver .22 ser#46122
    russian made sks ser#t0484
    thanks again
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The Marlin 39 is one of the best lever 22s around. Your serial number starting in K means it was made in 1953.

Marlin 60 is a fine 22 automatic.

That Snake Charmer is a 410 gauge, not a 10 gauge. Little stainless singleshot with a pistol grip. Designed for fishermen to carry in their boats in case of snakes on the river. Buttplate moves out of the way giving access to storage for three (I think) spare shells.

No idea about the Protector 20 gauge.

Higgins could be a lot of things. J.C. Higgins was a store brand sold by Sears, on rifles, pistols and shotguns. Need more info.

Not up on the New England Firearms guns, so don't know if that Pardner is a rifle, shotgun or pistol. Someone else probably will, though. NEF is pretty good, though inexpensive.

I'd like to see a picture of that S&W US Secret Service.

High Standard High Sierra is good, inexpensive double action 22 revolver that looks like a single action cowboy gun.

US Revolver Company was the cheap gun of Iver Johnson, like Chevy and Cadillac are both GM, but one is much more expensive than the other.

The Russian-made SKS is more popular than the other countries', and as a result will get more money if you sell it. Good gun, although heavy for its caliber.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If you click on the blue "post reply" button, it opens a large "reply to thread" box.

At the top of the box is a bunch of icons. One is a smiley face. Just to the right of that is a paper clip. Click on the paper clip.

This opens a box that allows you to upload pix directly from your computer to the board. You can do four per post. If you have more than four, just do four, post your reply, then do another reply to add more pix.