1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What do y'all think about . . .

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Pistolenschutze, Nov 4, 2008.

1. . . . a 5-round, two-inch barreled revolver in .45 ACP (with moon clips, of course), as a daily carry weapon? Specifically, I have a Taurus 455 that I bought about three years ago, along with a custom-made Sparks holster to carry it in. I wanted a revolver, but one chambered in something a bit more potent than a .38. I've never carried the weapon, but I did take it out on the range this weekend, and quite frankly, I was very impressed with its performance in terms of accuracy and handling characteristics. It has a ported barrel and that made it feel like I was shooting a .38 snubbie with light loads instead of a .45. At 10 yards I was putting all five rounds, double action rapid fire, into a 9-inch pie plate quite easily and consistently.

The drawbacks I see are that the capacity is only five rounds and that it loads with moon clips. On the other hand, I have a custom made belt pouch I bought with the holster that will hold two more pre-loaded moon clips.

I would be curious about what you all think of such a weapon for CCW carry and overall performance in self-defense situations. Ron, I would be especially interested in your comments because I know you are fond of the .45 ACP in a revolver.

Thanks in advance for your comments. :cool:
  2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Pistol,

You can also place my in the camp of .45 ACP revolver proponents. I've owned a few 1917 revolvers, one was a cut down 3" S&W. For daily concealed carry, I wouldn't feel under-gunned at all with your Tarus.
  3. redhart

redhart New Member

Its not the arrow,but the indian.Use it.
  4. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Former Guest

I think you have a heck of a nice and effective weapon there my friend.

Those big-bore 5-shot snubbies worked great for the Brits in the Victorian period...bulldogs I believe was the generic term. I wouldn't feel under gunned with a 5-shooter unless I was serving felony warrants or SWATing or the like.
  5. noslolo

noslolo New Member

As the G-man (G. Gordon Liddy) would say "if you can't hit them with six, you shouldn't be carrying". Now with that said, yours only carries five, but what a great round those five are!