What do you carry and why ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DEADEYE1964, Dec 2, 2008.

1. JDS

JDS Former Guest

I often carry a shotgun in my car, parked in a gated lot....... but only because I frequently store it there for my occassional forays into the woods.

It's slightly troublesome to carry shotguns between my apartment and car on the streets in Jersey City (due to curious cops and/or hysterical pedestrians) and guns have no particular use inside my apartment (occassional rhodents, roaches and noisy neighbors not withstanding).

On the other hand, an automobile is an absolutely terrible environment for storing guns and I hear there are also some peculiar laws.... which I mainly ignore.
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Haha, Enfield most of the time we don't need to carry either. It's the spare tire scenario. A man asks if another carries a spare tire. The second man says, "of course I do." The first man asks, "when is the last time you had to use it?" The second man replies, "why, I've never had to use it..." The first man asks, "so why do you carry one?" The second replies, "because I might need it one day..."

Same deal... I'm glad to live a place that at least gives us the option to defend ourselves.
  3. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

There are a couple hundred recently slaughtered people in Mumbai that did not have spare tires when they needed them.
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That same topic was on the radio this morning. I agree wholeheartedly. I thought the whole time that fiasco was going on, "what if they had guns?" On the Russ Castle show, an account was given about armed police hiding behind objects and refusing to fire on the gunmen. One Journalist pleaded with them to fire and they refused.

I'll start another thread with some links to this...
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Carry a knife, this way you can ensure you can run faster than the other poor suckers (after a quick slice at the tendons)
  6. KING64

KING64 New Member

Carry? Who says I carry?

But just between us boys I usually carry my Kimber Ultra Raptor II .45. Summer time in light clothing it is often a 2" S&W .38 wheel gun with +P. I regularly shoot both at the range.
  7. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Glock 27. Small enough to carry comfortably IWB, and .40 cal which is the minimum caliber I would want if it came down to it. Also, an extra hi-cap mag in a pocket.
  8. threefeathers

threefeathers New Member

I decided to go 357 Sig as the caliber I want so I have P2K, Glock 32C, and Sig 229. I arry all three but the P2K is sort of winning ut.
  9. Jim White

Jim White New Member

We can't have spare tires. Spare tires kill people. ;)
  10. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

My wife says I have a spare tire that I carry around all the time!
    I usually carry a .38 snub with a inside the pant holster.
  11. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Sorry Guys I was only joking, I did not wish to upset anyone

For the record I think that you should be allowed to carry if you want to and that you should be allowed to defend yourself in any way that you choose.

The element of risk should be weighed against the villan - if they pick on you guys then they will loose, too bad.

I have been to the US a couple of times and thought that it was a great place and met loads of nice people but totaly understand your reference to the spare tyre, you may never need it, but when you do you really need it

All the best

Enfield
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I don't think you upset anyone. I only replied as I did because I thought your response was funny. :D
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I suppose I'm a little old fashioned. I like the old wheel guns, and I also like the 1911A. The wheel guns though just leave a little something out of the SD scenario, like only 5 or 6 rds. I know that some of the newer ones on the market now have 7 and 8 shot capacity. But, I feel better knowing I have a few more rds. with the .45, and that each one is a little better, IMHO, suited to SD than the .38's of .357's. I usually carry the .45, but have also started carrying a little .380. Both guns are carried cocked and locked, and both guns only require a swipe of the thumb to disengage the safety. Both carry the same # of rds., and both guns are very accurate at longer distances than I will ever be shooting at a BG. I am considering at this time purchasing the Taurus 58. That little bugger carries 20 rds. of .380. If I purchase this gun, and it shoots like I hope it will, then that just might become my everyday carry weapon.
  14. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, I need to wait until this Saturday when I take the Ohio CCW Class. I then take that certificate to the local sheriff's office and apply for the prmit.

Hopefully, I'll be able to legally carry my S&W AirLite TI 38 Special Snubnose.

I still haven't figured it out as to how I'm going to concel carry it, but small, slow steps for a newbie.
  15. obxned

obxned New Member

Summer carry is usually a P-3AT, and in cold weather a PF-9. I want light weight and don't want to have to dress differently to conceal than I otherwise would.