What do you carry

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Logansdad, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

I can give a sidearm no greater compliment than to carry it...if you feel like telling us..feel free to tell us what you carry and more importantly why you chose it over others :eek: :rolleyes: :p
  2. Jay

Jay New Member

Kimber Pro CDP.....4" bbl, 34 oz loaded full, nite sights, smoothed edges, excellent trigger, accurate, and all out of the box......no mods/upgrades needed.

In my opinion :)
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Been carryin' these for almost 30 years and have never seen any reason to change:

Fall-Winter-Spring: Series 70 Colt (LW) Commander in .45ACP. MMC adjustable combat sights; adjustable trigger; trigger job; enlarged ejection port; polished feedramp & chamber entrance; long tang grip safety; Pachmayr flat mainspring housing; Pachmayr wraparound grips.

Shorts & Tee Shirt weather: Smith & Wesson Model 49 (Steel Bodyguard) in .38 Special with Pachmayr grips.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Dan Wesson Trooper in .357 or Ruger P85. The Ruger when I'm going to the big city, the revolver around the grounds and out in the boonies.
  5. Sir Bug

Sir Bug New Member

Hi Gang,

Mild weather (Oct - March), Ruger Security Six, .357 mag., stainless, heavy frame with 4 5/8" heavy bbl. in Bianchi leather, two extra speed loads. Been with me for about 18 years.

Hot and humid (Apr - June), Colt M1903, .32 cal HP w/steel jacket in Wild Bill's Concealment custom made holster w/matching spare clip.

Really Hot and Humid (July - Sept), Kel-Tec P32, HP w/steel jacket, anywhere it can be hidden on a near naked body.

Your Friend in Dixie,

Sir Bug
  6. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Unfortunitely for me, there is no CCW in New Jersey unless you happen to be an elected official or Donald Trump. The bleeding heart liberals of Trenton do not think the law abiding citizens of New Jersey deserve to defend themselves agains a state full of bad ugly crackheads.....
    So I'am unable to answer this question in it's true intent, but I would however say that "if" I could carry, I would carry my Beretta 96 FS durring the full dress colder months, and a Beretta 92 compact durring the shorts & Hawwian shirt season...

If only just one conservitive with enough balls to stand up for the constitution, and the rights of law abiding citizens would get elected gov. of this state, I'd enjoy my life here a whole lot more....
  7. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan New Member

SW mod 29, SS, 44
    or
    Rem Rand 45acp government model
    or
    SW 9mm (one of those little ones)

Just depends on what I'm doing or where I'm going.
  8. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

Kimber STS aluminium, nice and light, looks steal. Uhhh also carry my glock 32c and maybe try carrying my S&W 657 in winter
  9. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I carry a Colt Combat Commander built by Armand Swenson
    because it's reliable. If I'm dressed really light, a Colt Cobra .38 special.
  10. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

When I carry, which is not every day, it is with my Kahr K40 in .40S&W tucked in an Alessi IWB holster on my right side.
  11. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Randall Commander sized .45ACP with many add ons for reliability. Never had a fail to fire. This on my hip. Also an AMT Backup .45 ACP DA on my ankle.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2003
  12. GUNRUNNER

GUNRUNNER New Member

I carry on a daily basis, I found in most cases my Kimber Ultra Carry fills the bill. For deep concealment my Walther PPK gets the nod. For ultra deep concealment I carry a Keltec P32 and a sharp
    Spyderco G3.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2003
  13. cd45

cd45 New Member

All year, 1911, full size. Was a Charles Daly, now it is a Springfield.
    Carried in an in-the-pants holster from Ross Leather in Fl. Very comfortable, and a Milt Sparks double mag pouch. Around the house and in the yard, sometimes my Hi-Standard .357 Mag.
  14. WhiteRhino

WhiteRhino New Member

Les Baer stainless Stinger.
  15. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I regularly carry a Browning Hi-Power Practicle 9mm and, if wearing trousers, which is seldom since I am so hot natured, I also keep an S&W 60 (.38p+ loads) snubby on my ankle.

Other times, depending what doing and where going I carry my S&W 629 (.44 mag) 6" with full sized older style oak grips.

As Jack said, it depends on the occasion, what doing or where going.
  16. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

Springfield Micro-compact 45 acp loaded version. Novac night sights
  17. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

I carry my Firestorm Government 1911 in a Fobus C-21 holster. The Firestorm is not a Kimber, Wilson, Colt, Springfield etc. but after 500 rounds it has not failed to feed or cycle once. And the Firestorm only put me out almost $300. The Fobus holster is great, it holds close and high. I usually wear a polo type shirt untucked over a tshirt so it covers and doesn't print at all. The only problem I have with the Firestorm is the finish, but for $300 bucks I'm not gonna fuss too much. It looks like a black powdercoat and got the usual wear marks pretty quick.
  18. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

HK USP40c/LEM with nite sites.

Smoky the prepaired
  19. steelshooter

steelshooter New Member

On duty Glock 22, off duty Glock 27
  20. Smokey Lonesome

Smokey Lonesome New Member

Hello. I carry my Springfield Compact LW whenever I leave my house. Here's a picture of her!