What do you carry

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Logansdad, Jun 27, 2003.

1. res1b3uq

res1b3uq New Member

Star PD .45-always.
  2. Most of the time I carry a Glock 33 with either the 357 Sig barrel in it, or the .40 S&W barrel I also have for it. Easy to conceal and plenty of power if needed. Sometimes, in the winter months, I'll carry a Glock 30 in .45 ACP if the clothing I'm wearing allows for it. During the warmer months, or when I need something even easier to conceal than the Glocks, I generally choose an S&W 637 .38 Special loaded with +Ps. On the rare occasions when all I can carry is a pocket pistol of some sort, I ususally chose my Beretta 3032 in .32 ACP.
  3. omnivore75

omnivore75 Former Guest

I love my 3rd gen LCI extractor G 22 loaded with 165 gr Ranger T and a couple extra high caps loaded up and my Streamlight M3 clipped to my belt for low light because with the 15 round factory high caps (and you can always add the +2 factory base pads everyone is selling now) and any top of the line .40 JHP's I dont think you can get an all around better carry/self defense package and the fact that more cops all over the country carry that exact thing thats pretty much enough testament to that. Sometimes my G 27 if I want to have concealment with firepower. Also love my Beretta 92 fs Brigadier INOX with 9mm +P+ Ranger T and factory high caps. T shirt and shorts weather I favor my Taurus m 627 7 shot 357 mag with 125 grain Gold Dots and a couple 7 shot speed loaders although I am about to switch to .38 special 110 grain +P+ Ranger T for it though. Plenty O punch with less recoil. If I need something really thin and concealable or an ankle gun I go with my Sig P 230 loaded with Ranger T .380 ammo. Always have to have a good knife too. My Smith and Wesson Army Ranger issue switchblade or a good Kershaw assisted opener or whatever. Just depends on the mood I'm in I guess. For home defense if I had the choice I think I would reach for my Winchester Defender 12 GA pump with 7+1 Winchester Ranger low recoil 9 pellet 00 or my Predator Customs built AR, but when it comes to being readily at hand when you need it you can't beat a handgun. They are purely for self defense though and in any shtf situation I would much prefer a defensive long gun. I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 type 97S pistol with vertical grip mounted on the front lower rail and a M3 attached that would make a great closed quarters weapon. Useless at any distance though.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  4. omnivore75

omnivore75 Former Guest

I would fire/use those original black Talons if thats what ur using and go to www.mahsupplies.com and take advantage of the great deal there on Ranger T available to anyone. It's still the full talon design but far superior to the old black talon/Ranger SXT. It has been re-designed as a medium energy release round and is thus far more effective. Of course you may prefer the black talon late energy release design which of course is cool. Whatever you have confidence in that can make all the difference. :)
  5. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

when i get my carry permit i will carry my safari arms enforcer second edition 3.9in 45acp in stainless, it is heavy but a very well made pistol with a bushingless bull barrel that will outshoot most long barrel pistols out to 25yds.
    blackhawkkid223
  6. jcinlargo

jcinlargo New Member

10 months of the year it's a Rossi 38 snubnose in an IWB holster with gold dots, and 2 biachi speed strips.

The other 2 months, it's a S&W9F 9mm with a 17 rd mag in a shoulder holster and a 2 mag holder on the weak side.
  7. SAXD

SAXD New Member

I carry my Glock 23

I usually carry IWB with an extra mag, I do occassionally carry 3 mags (40 rounds).
  8. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

When I was working, I carried a Glock 19, with a Glock 26 on my ankle, with a Kel-Tec 32 in my off side back pocket. Since I retired to a rual town in MO. mostly it is the Kel-tec 32, unless I go to the "city", then it's the Glock 26 and the Kel-tec 32.

If I travel any distance I add a SKS with a dot scope and a folding stock as a "truck" gun.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  9. flopshot

flopshot New Member

glock 17, winchester silver tips, high standard 24" 12 ga, #4 buck
  10. rmeron

rmeron New Member

I carry a Makarov or an S&W mdl 36.I feel both are up to the job for my circumstances.
  11. robertp

robertp New Member

On-Duty an issue Glock 23 W/NS's and three 13 rd mags either in a duty rig or paddle holster and on my ankle a Glock 27 w NS's. Off-Duty the G27 in an IWB Kramer holster and a benchmade knife.
  12. corniceman

corniceman New Member

Taurus PT111 millennium 9mm.
    Why? It was cheap. Real cheap. $200 new. Ill upgrade soon as I can, but my taurus has shot every time I pulled, and its a lite poly job.
  13. Stealthcarry

Stealthcarry New Member

Para P12 in an Alessi Talon clip. Daily, as in, 24/7. Except when it's in an Alessi Guardian.

Ruger SP101 in a Mika Pocket holster. Or a GP 100, 3", in a Mika.

Now, if I'm stumbling around the woods, where things go bump in the night, I'll take along a S&W 629 in a Tauris Firearms Instructor.

These all work for me, YMMV.
  14. Airdale

Airdale Member

Got my permit last week. Waiting for my Minotaur MTAC iwb holster to fit my S/A XDSC 9mm. If mama decides she likes that better than her 9mm EMP I'll order a body for the EMP and swap it out.