What do you collect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Suicide*Ride, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

People collect the wierdest things....

I'm pretty sure everyone here collects firearms & a few even collect ammunition, but what else do you collect that's not firearm related? I used to collect Hall china teapots & old medicine bottles. I still collect old slot cars, vacuum tubes, & old ham/CB radio equipment. (tube type)

What do you collect?

Does your collection serve a purpose?

How long have you been collecting?

Posting of pictures is a plus!

BTW - I know folks collect Ruger & S&W items like ashtray's or belt buckles. Those will count as non-firearms so let's see them!

Attached Files:

2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Oooooh, spectrally impure CB transmission equipment that gives HAM operators a bad name... ;)

I'm attaching pictures of a HAM shop I visited in Akihabara, an area of Tokyo, Japan a few years ago. The downstairs of the shop was a HAM shop for new items but it had a HAM museum upstairs. It was pretty interesting. :)

I have collected different types of trees for the past couple of years to plant all over our property. Most are varieties of Japanese Maples. I'm finding some are OK with the climate and others are not. I've also grown a boatload of 'em from seed. I don't have any great pictures left on the computer but I'll post one.

Attached Files:

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Besides guns, I collect Pontiac Fieros. I am currently down to two, ones my project and ones for parts, but at one time i had 7 or 8 or them. Heres a pic of my 86 right after I got it. I dont have any current pics as of yet but I will soon. This ones well on its way to becomeing a mid-engine american made tuner. I am in the process of building a performance street engine for it. I absolutely love driving these lil guys. I have yet to drive something that handles better:D

Attached Files:

4. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Sorry no pics but I collect knives of all sorts. I also collect books, nothing of note, just books of all types and ages.
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

Dust. :eek: :D

Art
  6. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

Nothing, Im spending most of my time making bullets.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Guns.

mike
    gn
  8. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

AH a fellow dust collector. Do you do the dust collecting yourself or do you prefer to farm it out to the wife?

I like to do it myself. I sit in a stationionary position until a satisfactory amount of dust has collected on me then I vacuum it off gingerly into a sterile collection bag. The dust is not as valuable if it becomes contaminated.
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

[​IMG]

Ahhh, this baby rocks out!!!
    No the Turbo is not hooked up at the moment.
    Notice Frankie goes to hollywood? ;)(That is the one with the long version of "War" on it.)

[​IMG]

That goes to 300 officially, but it will go past that before the circuit break clicks. :eek: That is louder than a jet taking off :D

Here is a list of all the peices.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

11. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I have a matchbook collection my grandfather gave me. Would be awesome to keep going if I regularly traveled the world (he did for business) and people still handed them out. There are matchbooks from all over the world in that box.

I collect "beers". I maintain a list of every beer I drink. I am already up to over 150 at 22 :D. (To clarify that is 150 different brews).
  12. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

I collect beers too. Right about belt level...
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

I tend to do my best dust collecting using the stationary position also.
    I find that sitting in front of a television or computer monitor are two of the best spots for the collecting of dust. Must have something to do with static discharge. I do find that I get a better more cultured and refined dust from the computer monitor vs plain old television. :)

Art
  14. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

I collect and display bone china and plates. Grotto Rose 185 is one of my favorite patterns. Grindley is another I like. I have put together a complete set of eight in the Mikasa Ovation CR007 pattern. Many, many limoges plates that I have all over the house. When someone comes into my house it is immediately apparent to them that a woman did the interior design. Wrong. It was me. But I don't let anyone know.......I just let them assume Karen did it.

Also, old Seattle pictures. Several I have framed and up on display. Another $200 and I can get a Kick-*** old Seattle photo I scored about eight years ago up.

Also, antique clocks of all sorts. Currently, I have five antique clocks up. Four running. One just went down for the count and needs to be cleaned. It was my great-grandmothers clock.

Also coins. I have collected coins since childhood.

I also have a working Post WW-II American Flyer train set up in the garage. Ninety percent of it I reworked and rewired. The engine I had done......although I did have to resoulder a connection or two that was poorly done. The table is 8x8. I am constantly collecting things for that. There is still much money to be spent on that. The diorama is only 30% done.

So I collect many, many things. Drives my wife nuts. Oh, and musical instruments. I have two trumpets, a flute (I am learning to play), a drum kit, a bass (learning to play----better than the flute) and a piano. I just need a guitar to round it out.

Now I am starting in on firearms. I think I need help.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  15. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member