What do you do on 911, I did it with a M1 Garand

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Old Grump, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I was watching when the towers went down and people were jumping out beforehand and I just can't get into the mood to memorialize something like that. A weakness of mine I guess.

The day after it happened I shot my first Osama bin Laden target and have been doing it every year since. Maybe not so politically correct and I get no real joy out of it but symbolically it's my statement, 'you done messed with the wrong folks and some of us old codgers may not be able to run and jump and chase you around the mountains but we can still make life miserable for you if you send your hounds of war into our neighborhood'.

Every year it is with a different gun, this year it was my M1 Garand and I shot two targets not my usual one. Ammo is Czech milsurp.

First target was 25 yards offhand"

[​IMG]

Second target is 50 yards sitting:

[​IMG]
  2. ozo

ozo Active Member

Yep, OG, I think you got him...
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Now dump the paper into the Indian Ocean...
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Used one to piss on and the other to wipe my...well I had to be careful about where I put my fingers.
  5. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Excellent shooting and a great way to "commemorate" this day. I may adopt it myself.
  6. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Hopefully bin laden is dead :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  7. jbrescue

jbrescue New Member

I spend the day remembering my 343 Brothers that were lost that day. I also spend the day remembering my other Brothers that have since died or are dying of cancer from being at Ground Zero. I got to meet a K9 handler the other day that spent two weeks on the pile. He was the first K9 officer there since he had just left the towers 15 minutes before the attacks. He lost one of his two dogs that day when they fell from a beam and he landed on the dog. His partner saved his life by breaking his fall. I always watch the 9/11 documentary, why I don't know. It is forever burned into my mind.

But, what pissed me off this year more than anything, my four kids came home from school and only the first grader had talked about it at school. Never Forget!