What do you enjoy most

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Jul 19, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

WHAT DO YOU LIKE BEST

Shooting
    Hunting
    Fishing
    Playing with your G.I. Joe's ;)
    Knife making
    Sewing
    Needle point
    Eating ( that one is right close to the top for me)
    Cooking
    Just what is it that you enjoy? When you feel a little blue what helps you get over it?
    Walking in the woods or on a beach?
    Chasing the opposite sex?
    Movies or TV?
    I like to retire to my shop / gun/ reloading building out back and build something might just be reloading a few rounds or prepping some brass. I build my own ammo crates, caulk them and fill them, then seal them for hard times ( have built a couple that may be just a tad bit to big ) I enjoy a good educational show on TV history or nature, even a old western or action film is OK , ( I hate the girlie love story movies that Carla likes I sit through ten minutes of them with her and then I think of a reason I need to head to the gun room or get on the computer / gun forums and pretend to watch the movie over my shoulder
    Come on tells us what you enjoy.
    Never for get the potted meat & hot sauce dip with chips I am going to make me some so I can nibble while I read the forums today.
  2. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Paddling my canoe with my wife on a multi-day trip.
  3. topper

topper New Member

shooting, gardening/farming, eating, chasing the opposite sex(and occasionally catching one of them), watching romance/girlie movies with the wife(yeah, right!), cooking and working in my wood/metal shop making useful things(well, sometimes not very useful) above all, working the heck outta my big JD tractor(mowing,disking,moving dirt, etc. i believe that about covers it.

Keep both barrels loaded!
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Like most, I enjoy a lot of things, but if I had to choose just one, it would probably be traveling. I don't mean by plane, or ship, but by automobile. Camping, and hikeing in places I have never been before. Standing on a mountain looking off into the distance, wondering what is over the next mountain. Then heading out one morning to find out! Sometimes I wish it was like it was once upon a time long ago. Traveling, camping, shooting, and gathering my own food. That's just a dream anymore, the hunting part, but the travel bug is getting stronger! I can feel it!
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

In no particular order:

Driving/traveling/exploring new places.
    Looking for abandoned houses and farms.
    Target shooting and competitive shooting (obviously...)
    Gun shopping.
    Fishing, either from shore or boat, for bass or northern pike, walleye, or sunfish.
    Hiking.
    I'm very crafty, I like drawing and painting, knitting, fishnet knotting, sewing, whatever new craft I can figure out that interests me.
    Writing, anything from business letters to poetry.
    Photography. I have all the old family photographs from my mom's side of the family.
    Dogs, cats, and cattle are my favorite animals.
    Hanging out with my shooting buddies.
    Watching my buddies in tractor pulls, I have a small Allis.
    I enjoy cutting down trees and cutting them up.
    Remodeling things, refinishing furniture, painting walls.
    Movies, mostly action, western or suspense themed.
    I enjoy the County and State Fairs.
    Electronics, including computers, cell phones and digital cameras, even though they tick me off some of the time.
    Music.
    Researching nearly anything, especially online.

Whew! Not a bad list!
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I didn't make a list, I just tried to keep mine short!:D
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Gun tinkering. Especially problem solving, but also refinishing.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of spending time in gunshops chatting with owners I have known for years. Looking at the old, and the new. You just cant handle and look at too many guns. Always something interesting, something new to learn.

Reading.
  8. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

For me it is shooting. I find it as great way to vent and blow some steam. Just somthing about destroying an old TV that always makes me feel better. If Im not able to go to the range, I like to head out to my little reloading shack and make me some more "anger management instructors"
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

When I'm upset, I don't want to do anything and have to force myself not to resort to the whole turning off the lights and sitting in the dark thing... Meditating is good to a point, but too much of it isn't.

Photography... I love it and have finally purchased a nice DSLR and find myself roaming around in my ol' truck taking shots of everything from old barns to macro shots of bugs. I cant wait until it cools off here in TX so I can get out and do more.

Cleaning a gun or two. I can pull up a seat in the middle of the living room floor and clean on one piece for an hour or more, intricately scrubbing down and practically polishing each part, oiling, etc.

Knife sharpening... Not real good at it, but I haven't scratched a blade yet, just need a different stone I think.

Running... I love to run and need to get back to that soon! :eek:

Those sappy movies... Ahhh, okay I have a couple favorites including Message in a Bottle and The Notebook, Bridges of Madison Co.... Watching Wolverine (again) atm which a friend of a friend burned off the Internet somehow...

I miss my reloading shop! I could sit in there just prepping/separating brass and packaging it all up, all day. I "could" handload here in my new place, but everything takes up sooo much room that I haven't. Maybe I should say "too heck with how it looks" and do it anyway. Still looking for a small house to buy though where I can dedicate a room to that sort of stuff.

Cooking takes my mind off of everything, I really enjoy it and just finished a small batch of salsa. Today I'll spend some time fixing up my lunches/breaks for next week.

When all else fails and good cold beer and TFF comes to the rescue. :D

Crpdeth
  10. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

paddling my kayak, fishing, hiking with my dog, cooking, hunting partridge in the fall, sitting in front of an outdoor fire with good friends, food and a drink or two or three, enjoying a good movie with friends and good ol' camping out in a tent with a canoe along to go fishing in.
  11. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Since having the son, what I enjoy most is being left alone. Now, don't take that the wrong way. I love him but occasionally a break is an awesome thing.

So, walking through the woods around the house, bike riding, taking the Mustang out for a spin, just sitting on the porch or taking care of the yard and plants I raise rank high on my list of enjoyable things right now. :)

Shooting doesn't rank on that list because I don't get to shoot much. By the time the boy settles down enough to go to bed I can't shoot since my normal shooting spot is outside his window... :(
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  12. Powderhorn

Powderhorn New Member

Guns, hunting, and fishing are right up there, because... well because I am a man after all. I mean, its what God intended us to do, right? ;)

Hey 358, how about sharing that dip recipe, brother?
  13. I enjoy lots of things.

Kidding 358 Winchester and TranterUK :D
    Target shooting
    Reading
    Teaching
    Gardening
    Writing
    Kidding 358 Winchester and TranterUK some more. ;)
  14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

That can work both ways..:)
  15. Of course it can! It wouldn't be much fun if it didn't, Tranter! :D
  16. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

making money, everytime a sale come in it feels like i just hooked a trout. Having said that, fishing, hunting, gardening, reloading.
  17. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Gardening, tracking, playing woodsy, plinking, cooking, wood carving
    and the sciences. Love tackling tech./mech. problems.
    And learning.
  18. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    When I'm in the blues I usually just sleep it off. Otherwise my favorite thing that doesn't involve the wife is deer hunting. I think about deer hunting almost as much as the other thing that men often think about!! I like to sit out by the fire ring in the fall and winter with a good campfire burning and the stars overhead. I like camping when the weather is cooler. I like to fish some and I love watching the kids haul in a big fish! I like hiking and geocaching with the kids. I like to think about things too. I'll roll mechanical problems around in my head and think about how to solve them or about how to make a machine to do some simple task just because. I like to shoot and make my own loads. I just like to look at old guns. I like the way they smell. I like just hanging out with my wife. We don't even have to do anything, just be in the same room. I'll go sleep on the couch if she is up late doing things in the living room so I can be close by. Just wierd I guess.
  19. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Just wait till I get to Colorado and share a booth with you in the cafe :D:D
  20. Horror of horrors!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::D It will be full MOPP gear time! :rolleyes: