what do you guys think about...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Cloudbreak
    (4/24/02 2:05:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All what do you guys think about...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kimber Custom II and Beretta 92 Vertec? From just lookin at magazines and websites these have caught my eye as possible handguns i might buy when i turn 21 Just wanna know what you guys have heard about them, or better yet what you think if you have them.
    Marauder Shreddin

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 4:18:18 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: what do you guys think about...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kimber.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 7:15:25 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: what do you guys think about...
    Colt (for name sake)....

psssssss.... Kimber is my next

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 7:26:03 am)
    Of the two.....Kimber.

Cloudbreak
    (4/24/02 4:11:51 pm)
    Actually i wasnt trying to decide between the two. I'd like to get both a .45 and a 9mm and these were the ones i was lookin at. Seems you guys like the Kimber, what about the other one as far as 9mm go?
    Marauder Shreddin

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 6:03:34 pm)
    Depends on the intentions you have for your next weapon...
    Target, Combat, concealed carry?

Target centerfire, I've only shot Colt Gold Cup and S&W mdl.52

Combat weapon, I personnaly will choose a Sig Sauer

That's why we need 1 of each

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/24/02 8:33:56 pm)
    Of the two, Kimber. IF options are still in the mix, think about the Springfields. Also, I believe AntiqueDR says the Dan Wessons are pretty good lookin'.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/24/02 8:35:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Wilson Combat is very nice buy $$$$$
    I'm a man of means by no means

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/24/02 9:35:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Yep, Wilsons are very nice but very expensive. I just sold out of CQB's (again!) at over $1600 per copy. Ordered a few more - and they are now sold as well.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/25/02 7:52:12 am)
    I don't do 9mm.....but in .45 ACP, Colt, Wilson, Kimber, Springfield...all are good guns.

Chief 101
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/25/02 11:27:54 am)
    Kimber all the way!

I'm not a fan of Berettas, every one I've seen has been prone to malfuctions unless kept clean as a pin and lubed just right. Of course I'm no expert on them, just reporting what I've seen with a local PD that used to issue the 92.

For a 9mm I would look at a Ruger, Kahr or (gasp!) a Glock.
    Very funny Scotty, Now beam down my clothes.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/25/02 11:39:25 am)
    "GLOCK?"...needless to say Chief 101 has lost all credibility

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/25/02 11:44:20 am)
    I don't understand why I don't see more favorable remarks on Sig's?

Chief 101
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/25/02 12:33:53 pm)
    I knew I'd get someone stirred up.....lol

I clean forgot the Sig, I would chose it above all others, I, in fact carry a SigP220 on duty. When I think of Sig, I think of the .45
    Very funny Scotty, Now beam down my clothes.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/25/02 3:08:33 pm)
    Hey Chief... no wonder Scotty won't beam down your clothes.

CloudBreak, you might give Sig a look

SIGARMS INC. was established by SIG (Schweizerische Industrie-Gesellschaft) of Neuhausen, Switzerland to manufacture and to market SIG SAUER firearms in North America. During the succeeding years, SIGARMS has grown into a state-of-the-art design and manufacturing facility located in Exeter, New Hampshire. SIG, Hämmerli and Sauer are three long established, European companies united in a corporate partnership by a shared tradition of unmatched quality. The firearms produced by the SIG family of companies are designed and built to satisfy a wide range of needs - military, law enforcement, security agencies, individual self-defense, hunting and competition. In each of these roles, SIGARMS products must be, above all else, reliable. In the final analysis, every other attribute is secondary. That's why the legend, "Engineered Reliability" is a part of the SIGARMS identity. Engineered Reliability Starting with the introduction of the SIG P210 nearly half a century ago, SIG semiautomatic pistols have enjoyed wide acceptance in military and law enforcement circles. The reason is obvious to anyone familiar with firearms... reliability. These pistols can be depended upon to operate, not only under ideal conditions but also under climatic extremes. SIGARMS places heavy emphasis on their products being the standard of so many military and law enforcement units, because this is the crucible in which weapons are put to the ultimate test.

Cloudbreak
    (4/26/02 12:04:54 pm)
    Cool, i'll take a look at Springfield's and Sig's
    Marauder Shreddin