What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Albtraum, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENZioGLjMI

I know the general consensus on here isn't particularly fond of Glock, but this is a pretty extreme series of tests. Of course, he brings out a 1911 several times, but is not a comparison between the two.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The torture testing was quite interesting. Too bad it proved to be quite pointless in the end.

BTW: W/O any apologies, I like my GLOCK very much.
  3. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

FPS Russia is all about the "fun" of torturing a glock more then proving how could it can withstand it. His channel is just a good place to drool over what I can't have and see what fun you can have with it. By no means do I think he puts out videos that actually are trying to be scientific or anything else. Just pure Gun Goodness for GunNuts.
  4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Stupid tread made over here tooooo.
  5. surfzombie

surfzombie New Member

What a waste. If he didn't want it> I would have taken it off his hands. I agree with BobMcG. Pointless.
  6. al45lc

al45lc New Member

The only problem I ever had with the Glocks were the blocky grips, they just didn't feel right for me.
  7. oldbrass

oldbrass New Member

It was entertaining, ofcourse it was quite a waste of a good glock
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I'm not a huge polymer frame fan but to me that was a pointless waste of a perfectly good handgun. It seems to me any firearms torture test should be undertaken with the aim to determine how much abuse it can take and still function. Any firearm can be destroyed if that is the objective. So what have we learned from this? That this guy's got way too much money.

One more thing. I would disagree that the Glock is more reliable than a 1911 in the same price range. One doesn't have to spend a ton of money to have a reliable 1911. The greater part of an expensive 1911's cost is spent making it more accurate, not more reliable.
  9. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

I like how you see the copper left on the slide, after the .45 shots. Also, I was expecting the polymer to melt in the oven. Although, maybe he didn't really leave it in there for "a few minutes". Still, it can withstand a good amount of heat as well.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012