"What do you tell people..."

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by vulcrider, Jan 9, 2011.

1. photogman2000

photogman2000 New Member

I think Knute Rockne said it best, " If you take your children hunting you won't have to go hunting for your children". Shooting is just plain fun, I'm perhaps the worst hunter in the world, but I enjoy going into the woods with my teenage nieces and nephews to try. I am one of the worst target shooters in the world , but, it's fun to take them to the range and see them try beat me. We have no constitutional right to police protection, it takes them 10 to 30 minutes to arrive and I'm too old to protect my wife with my bare hands. It's the oldest sport in our nation, it is a major part of our national heritage, hunters and other shooters are the reason we have all the state parks and conservation areas we have in this country, they've paid for them with their license fees. The duck stamp program was invented so none shooters would have a way to help pay for these areas, but less than 1 % of the stamps sold are bought by non shooters. Etc, Etc, Etc. there are many sane reasons you can give to a "reasonable" person, there is nothing you can say to someone with a closed mind.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  2. squaw man

squaw man New Member

I wonder if these same people realize that, should someone be interested in committing a crime with a suppressed firearm, that a large potatoe or a two ltr. soft drink bottle work almost as well as a purpose built suppressor.
    No one would ever suspect what they are going to be used for and they are easy to dispose of after being used.:confused:
  3. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

For me, I have almost always been around guns, my Pop was a LEO when I was young, he was on the police pistol team and had a couple of shelves full of trophys, he taught me to shoot and hunt at a young age, then I joined the Corps, guns again.
    To try to answer as clearly as possible, guns are a part of who I am. I love shooting them, and believe it or not I like cleaning them almost as much as the shooting! I love the challenge of putting the bullet where I want it to hit. AND, now, to take my son out and teach him and spend some super great time together. I can't wait to take my daughter out! It'll be a while yet as she is only 4, maybe next year with the Marlin 60! Oooohhh, I can't wait to see her face!!
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I think this one has seen it's day.

Pops
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I locked this thread, while meaning to lock another one. ooooooops.

My apologies.

Pops
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

No problem... Thanks. :D

Crpdeth
  7. red14

red14 Active Member

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):cool:
  8. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I thought it was something I said!:eek:
  9. Archie

Archie Member

I like guns for a number of reasons.

Guns are historically significant. The guns themselves and the ability to handle them have changed the course of history. Each type of firearms represents certain demands on society and the responses to those demands.

Guns are mechanically fascinating. How they work, the timing of the parts, the physics of expanding gases and confined cylinders and springs and such.

Guns demand a high level of self control and discipline to use well. One doesn't get 'good groups' when venting emotionally.

Guns are very democratic; they do make all citizens equal. (At least more equal than when strong people can intimidate the weak. It ain't perfect.)
  10. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

HOSPACCX WHY ARE YOU POLUTING A GOOD FORUM WITH YOUR BULL SH....GOOFY:mad: