What do you want to see from the next POTUS

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Here are some of my ideas, what do you say?

I want someone who shoots straight and makes sense.

I want someone who will take a strong stand on foreign policy. Someone who will not turn a blind eye to our allies. I want someone who will stand up for America.

I want someone who will save the country money by going after illegals and keeping them out. I want a stop to the drain on our country.

I also want someone who makes sense when it comes to the economy. I want someone who will energize the middle class by putting farming and manufacturing up to the forefront. I want our agriculture sold on foreign markets not given away. I want someone to stand up to the EPA. I want someone who understands the need for home grown energy to keep us out of a security crisis. Our middle class needs to produce energy for use here and for sale on the world market. We need to get other countries money back here, we need to sell them oil.

I would like to see some common sense talk. Like tax breaks for contractors who drive ¾ ton trucks and heaver. Let them take the full deduction the first year. Years ago this was being done. It helped keep the automotive industry going and helped by creating a market for second hand trucks only one year old.

I want someone who is not hiding his past. I want to read him or her like an open book.

I want someone who will salute the flag.

I want someone who will cut government jobs.

I want someone who embraces capitalism.

I want someone who respects AMERICAN FREEDOM!
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

-Agree highly here. You don't find too many of those people in Washington today.

-Why not have someone who wants a foreign policy of non-interventionism? I agree we should keep an eye on the rest of the world, but we don't have to go and get involved in the affairs of every other country on the planet.

Why make special concessions to anybody? I think the best way we can help out all business is to lower spending, so that we can afford to give them tax cuts. Then that will make it less expensive to do business within this country, and maybe we could see some of our manufacturing come back. Lowering taxes on the middle class would greatly help the economy since the middle class are always the ones going out and buying stuff the most.

I'd really like to see a libertarian get elected. However, I would vote for Sarah Palin just to keep Obama or other Democrats out of power.

I hear a lot of people talk about Mitt Romney. I don't know about him though. I heard he isn't really a strong advocate of gun rights.
  3. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Extract our government from the United Nations.

Phase out the Federal Reserve.

Restore our industrial base.

Make our country economically independent (and energy-self-sufficient).

Protect our borders.

Abide by the U.S. Constitution.
  4. Rneck

Rneck New Member

form an ad-hoc committee to determine whether or not recent or past legislation is constitutionally legal
    form a permanent commission to make sure all legislation that comes up before congress will be constitutionally legal before it can be voted on.
    make sure all commission and committee members have read and understand the constitution of the USA.
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

As long as Congress houses the "good ole boys" it will be business as usual no matter who's POTUS.
  6. ofitg

ofitg New Member

A true Constitutionalist in the White House could veto bad bills coming out of Congress.

He could also be expected to shake things up in the "alphabet soup" of federal agencies, possibly including the State Dept's relationship with the U.N., and ordering the Treasury Dept to resume issuing currency backed by silver/gold.

I would agree that a Congress full of Constitutionalists would be required to totally repair the damage which has been done over the past 100 years.