What do you watch on TV?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubblehead, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Question: what do you consider to be the best and the worst firearms related TV shows?

I still like the American Rifleman however I'm very disappointed in the new Gallery of Guns and the Gun Talk TV series. To me there is nothing more boring than watching someone go to the range and simply shoot at a target. Both shows are inane in this way. "Hey, this is a cool 'ABC' gun from 'XYZ' company, let's go try it out at the range. Bang, bang, bang. Boy, this gun sure is real accurate. Ho hum.

I'm also tired of most of the hunting shows. I really don't see anything fascinating about watching someone in a tree stand sit quietly for 25 minutes and then shoot their deer, bear, whatever. I'm always on the lookout for "spot and stalk" hunts on TV but they seem to be in short supply.

The one show I do like, other than the American Rifleman, is "Gun Nuts". These guys provide a variety of useful information in short segments and don't seem to be too self-promoting. I hope they don't change.

I used to be hooked on a lot of these shows but for the most part they've all become so alike, and so repetitive that I rarely even record them anymore.

Sigh. I guess it's time to go back to the "View". :(:(:(

John