1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

What Doctors wont tell you about High Cholesterol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Feb 7, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have read in some of the threads that many on this forum are trying to lose weight and become healthier. If you are fighting high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and/or high triglycerides, this will help you greatly, and in many cases, you can get off the meds. Also, this can help immensly with heartburn and acid reflux.

Simple and cheap shopping list:

Frozen spinach (not fresh,, frozen has blanched cleaned and will have no pesticedes)
    Unground flax see (1 lb)
    Steel cut oats (1 lb) ( make sure they are steel cut!!!
    Apples, 1 a day
    Banana's, 1 a day
    Eggs, optional
    Metamucil
    Skim milk
    Protein, any kind, preferably whey. A no suger added is also good.

You will need a blender and a coffee grinder. They are cheap. Cheaper than meds.

Morning when you wake up, first thing: 1 tbsp flax seed, 2 tbsp steel cut oats, and grind them in the coffee grinder until they are powder, super fine. Get a large glass of water, as warm as you can stand to chug. Put the mixture into the glass with 1 tsp Metamucil and stir it like your going to steal it!!! Now chug it!

About 15 minutes later

Mix the oats and the flax seed once again and grind them into powder.Put into blender: Banana, apple, 2 eggs (I am a weight lifter and have done this for most of my life. I do 6 eggs most days. They won't make you sick unless you are allergic to them or unless the shell has a crack in it. I put the yokes in, and I believe the yoke does not worsen cholestorol levels because God made the chicken and you can't do any better than that, but if you want, just put in the egg white only.) spinach (about a palm full, and no, it won't change the flavor or texture), about 1 cup of milk, add cold water to desired level, start blanding, and now add the oats/flax seed, and 1 serving of protein.

Pour about half into a thermos of this and put the lid on it. You will drink this just before your dinner. Drink it first, and the eat your dinner and you will not need to eat as much.

The rest that is in the blender is now your breakfast. This is a perfect meal. The oats will provide energy for 3-4 hours. The eggs are easily digestable, the protein is assimulated quickly, the banana and apple are the sugars for proper burning, and as for the spinach, SUPER HEAVY DUTY ANTIOXIDANTS along with many other nutritional benefits. You can even add about 20 blueberries to it and it is over the top. Make sure to include your spouse.

1 hour after dinner,,, this will help with the heart burn. Do the dame thing that you did when you awoke with the flax seed, the oats, and the Metamucil. But make sure the water is as warm as you can stand.

Why the hot water? Have you ever cooked a stew, and then placed it in the regrigerator? The grease floats to the top. Well, think about it. When you drink this it is warm. The grease liquifies and becomes caught by the Metamucil. Then , the Metamucil becomes like Jello so to speak and entraps the grease. Now, when the grease passes through you, it does not become absorbed by the body as easy. Also, because the grease is trapped in the Meatmucil, it reduces heartburn and acid reflux. Still take your heartburn meds if you are on them because this does not stop the acid production. It just helps with trapping a majority of the grease. As for the oats, they are constantly metabolizing. So now you can do some exersises about an hour before bed, and you will burn calories through much of the night.

One last piece to the puzzle. If you are taking fish oil tablets with Omega-3,,, STOP, STOP, STOP. This is better, "Nature's Fresh", Omega Blendz, fish oil with Omega-3. It is literally liquid in the bottle, and you can't taste the fish. It tastes like Lemon Meringue. There phone number is 1-800-445-3529. They can send you samples and it comes in many different flavors like orange cream, and raspberry.

My request from those that try this is just let me know how this helps you. I am a weight lifter. My life has always been about gaining and losing weight. My heaviest was 270 (purposely), and now I am at 240. This is how I loose it and stay healthy. My High school buddy tipped the scales at 360, now he is 240. He did exactly what I said and he looks good. Also, he retained his muscle. As for the physical exercise, he could not afford a gym membership. I told him to simply walk at night, and that is what he did. It is really that simple.

One last thing, if you are on meds for high cholesterol or high blood pressure stay on them until you are where you should be. Then once you are in the normal, you can evaluate it.

Sorry for the typo's, I can't type.
    Jim:thumbsup:
  2. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

One thing I learned a long time ago; what works for one doesn't always work for everyone ! Healthy chloresterol levels for individuals vary greatly ! IPOF there's a strong genetic/'racial heritage link to "healthy" levels ! Add to that life-style/activity levels ! IOW, its not a "one size fits all" issue !

FWIW, 19th century loggers consummed calories at levels that would put today's eaters in the graveyard in a few years, but thrived nonetheless ! Mostly because their's was a severe physical lifestyle that consummed (by modern reckoning) prodigious levels of calories for the needed energy and fats/protein to keep/repair muscle and tissue expended in their work !

Likewise other gernetically distinct populations seem not suffer the "predicted effects" of their diet. Why ?

While your diet works for you, you don't include much data about your life-style in order for others to judge its applicability to their life-styles ! >MW
    w
  3. 76Highboy

I do understand what you are saying. It is an impossibility for one diet to fit all. This is not a complete diet, but a great starting place. It starts the day off with great nutrition, and stays with you. My job is extremely physical and it works. However, for those that don't burn the extra calories this is great becuase they can adjust the quantity that they are intaking. Also, the ingredients are not dead food. I deliver for a living. I see 450+ acounts monthly. I have given this diet to many of my customers. Most agree, it works. The idea behind it, is the flax seed, oats, and fish oil are the main ingredients in reducing cholesterol. I understand that not everybody has the same gnetics for cholesterol. But, for most, this is a great way to beat it naturally and helps many people get off the meds with a doctors approval of course. The other benefit to this is it reduces the desire to eat because it nutritianally satisfies. There is nothing mysterious about it, it's just a healthy way and an affordable way. I just thought I would share it so if someone wants to try it they can.

Thanks for the input MW.
  4. geds

geds New Member

The raw eggs put you at risk for Salmonella poisoning - and no, cracked shells have nothing to do with it! And just because it hasn't yet, doesn't mean the next egg won't cause it. It is a bacteria - plain and simple. :eek:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

doctors are not in the business to tell you what will bring down your blood fats naturally. There is no money in a cure, never.

I can tell you hands down that i did the diet thing in my thirtys and could only get the blood fats down so far. Crestor works wonders. Sometimes there is nothing else you can do.
  6. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    Hey Highway,
    My Colesterol is about perfect
    (I eat fresh fish like 5-6 days a week either lunch or dinner sometimes both.)
    I grew up eating Fish & rice Veggies (I LOVE FRESH FISH & LOBSTER!!!)

Doctor says thats why my colosterol & Blood pressure are Both GOOD!

I take NO MEDS for either condition.

Had you said to try this months ago I would of been more willing to try it.

Now I'm doing pretty good, Doing what I'm Doing!

I'm riding my bike eating healthy now I eat a salid with low fat dressing & Smoked fish broke up in it.

I DONT go back for SECONDS (BIG HUGE PROBLEM 4 ME!) :eek:

Also I rairly ever get heartburn or Acid reflux.

Pizza sauce is the thing that gets me & as of late in the last 2-3 months I maybe had 5-6 slices.
    When they have Pizza I have two garlic sticks & my Wabbit food.

The first 20-25 lbs was pretty easy I just stopped drinking Pepsi's & Sugared drinks .

Stopping smoking CIGG'S factors in here to, I was eating more but it was more Wabbit food!

The fact that I eat Fish... most should think I'm skinny.

But LOL I eat ALLOT of Fish when I eat. NOT FRYED either BAKED or Grilled !!!

Not everybody has several buddys fishing every day, If I'm low on fresh fish I just make a call or run by the dock.;)
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  7. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Very true, my 87 year old mother-in-law is skinny as a rail, good diet, really active, a picture of health but has high cholesterol. Heredity!

Same with my wife, eats "rabbit food", excercises the whole bit and is on lipitor.

Me, I eat anything and my numbers are fine.

And the old loggers PLUS farmers, I know one farmer, 6+ eggs, sausage, butter then goes out and works, healthy as a horse.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I will stick to weight watchers for men and going to the gym 5 days a week.

I can hardly eat cooked eggs there is no way I am putting RAW eggs into my body. because with my luck I will die.

I also prefer to consult my doc before taking some nameless guys word for his miracle diet on line.
  9. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have the same weight I've always had since my 20's ( 145-150 ). I have never had a cholesterol problem, or a weight problem.

True story. I grew up with two brothers and two sisters. I was the oldest. Single mother. Very poor. Having enough food for all of us wasn't possible. My two younger brothers wouldn't eat eggs at all. Both my sisters would. I loved eggs.

All of us sitting at the breakfast table...one of my sisters asked me what the gelatinous substance was in the eggs, I told her it was a roosters ejaculation. The eggs were all mine from that day on. They ate something else.
  10. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

I was taking those Cholesterol pills for almost a year,then my muscles and joints were hurting really bad.I quit taking them and all those bad simptoms went away.I told my pharmasist about my experience and she said that happens to 20% of the people who take it.I said great, I was the 20%.I now take omega-3 fish pills and generic Metamucil and my test numbers are now normal.That colesterol medicine probalbly tears up your liver too.Some of these medicines have bad side effects.I'm glad I didn't take it for many years.
  11. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

:lmao2: Why you sneaky little bugger.

I too love eggs -but-they must be cooked, no gooey semi-raw sunny side up, how do people eat those things!
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I can only eat scrambled eggs if they are completely cooked. None of this almost cooked slightly gooey. OH and them powdered yellow egg like substance that the military issues Yeah I had to serve them in basic and I spent 20 min in the bathroom puking my guts out in the middle of breakfast.
  13. 76Highboy

Thanks for the great reply's. I would not expect anyone to like a raw egg, nor risk salminilla poisoning which I did get from undercooked chicken once. I just thought I would share what I did to lower my cholesterol level. The meds wern't working, so this is what I did. The raw eggs really have nothing to do with lowering the cholesterol, it's just what I put in there for the extra protein. However, the flax seed, steel cut eats, the Metamucil, and everything else in the drink is what helped me the most. Also, I am not saying that the Doctors are doing anything wrong because they are in the medical field and not the nutritional field. I just thought I would share what works for me. Thanks, Jim
  14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Keep in mind that it is primarily the RATIO of H and L that is important. Doctors get quite excited about my numbers, until I mention this and then they settle down and go into the "Hmmm, let's just watch it" mode.

Pops
  15. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

One right after the other.
    Can't " sop " toast in a scrambled egg. :)