What does everyone think of Lyman

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Shellback, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Shellback

Shellback New Member

I have been loading on lymans tmag turret press and it is a solid press. I am new here and never hear anyone speak of Lyman presses. Just courious of others thoughts.
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

One reason you never hear any thing about Lyman presses and such is because they WORK.:D I've been loading on a Lyman Spartan since 1948 and haven't had an occasion to say any bad words that weren't caused by my fault.

I do now have a Dillon for loading pistol, because it is somewhat faster. I also have a couple of the Ideal Tong Tools, for backpacking. The Spartan is a little bulky for that.

Pops
  3. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Pops, when you're right your right. I have a lyman press that probably has 10 or twenty thousand rounds through it. It belonged to my father and now it's mine.
    I guess it's like plumbing, when everything works well, no body notices or mentions it. It's only when things are screwed up that it gets any attention.
  4. getgot

getgot New Member

i have a question about the lyman #55 powder measure. the manual says to clean with alcohol. do you disassemble the entire thing, otherwise how would you get the "slides" clean of powders...