What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Gents

I just thought it would be fun to see what all your reloading benches look like, so lets see some pictures, I'm been thinking of making a new one and thought this would be a great way to see what the rest of you are doing for a reloading bench and where you do it. :confused:

tEN wOLVES :D
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

It matters very little the design, except it must be big enough. What is important is that it is strong enough for the heavy forces sometimes needed in reloading. Bolting it to the wall behind it will almost make the weakest bench more than strong enough.

LDBennett
  3. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Good advice LD, and I agree that bolting especially a lighter work bench to the wall would make a more solid bench to work on. Thanks for your input.

How about the rest of you loaders out there, what is your input on this , and lets see some pictures of your setup.
  4. deerlope

deerlope New Member

Mine looks like a hurricane hit it.
  5. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Mine is an old table that I used in my business to hold a copy machine. The table is made of light-gage sheet metal, has a shelf under the top, and it's on wheels. About 2'X3'

Yes, its too small, but I'm pressed for space. I solved the strength problem (the top is also light-gage sheet metal) by installing a 2x4 under the top and bolting the press though both the top and the 2x4. The whole thing probably doesn't weigh 20 lbs, yet its solid enough for everything that I do. It's nice to be able to wheel it around the house.

Needs a cup holder, though.
  6. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Contenderizer, Sounds like you have a handle on your situation, just goes to show you that we can make things work if we put our heads to it. Thanks for sharing

Deerlope, sorry about your mess, maybe you can get some aid for that.

tEN wOLVES
  7. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

I have already posted regarding my reloading bench. Bought it at Home Depot for about $80-60" X 24". Took 5 minutes to assemble. Per LD's suggestion bolted it to the 2 X 4's in the wall-solid as a rock. Later screwed a solid-core door to the top to make it wider and even more solid. Used remnants of the door as mounts for my Loadmaster and Lee Classic Turret press. Found that 2" X 12" mounts started to split due to the torque of the Loadmaster. Here are the photos.

Attached Files:

8. deerlope

deerlope New Member

I am going to get started today on building and ammo storage cabinet. I've been buying extra ammo whenever I see and and have the cash on me. Anything that has a flat surface is fair game. The actual bench is a very (hardwood) heavy bench with drawers. It does not move or shake when I use it.
  9. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Vigilante, you have a nice set up there, it looks like you're ready to load just about anything you want, I like the shelves above, and the storage underneath your bench, you got a bench that fits your needs real well, do you stand or sit while you reload? thanks for sharing Pard.

tEN wOLVES

Howdy Deerlope

Good luck with your project, and let us see when you finish.

Come on guys lets see what the rest of you have for a loading bench, I know I and the rest of these Gents would really like to see how you have your bench and where you have it.

tEN wOLVES
  10. BigJakeJ1s

BigJakeJ1s New Member

I built my bench on a Rockler router table leg set, with heavy duty locking casters. It is only about 18 x 24", but since I can roll it around, I can use all four sides. Small bench vise mounted on one corner, co-ax press mounted on opposite end. It stows in the laundry room when not being used. I just roll it out when I need it. Loaded up with brass, bullets, powder and tools on the lower shelves, it is very solid with the casters locked.

Andy
  11. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Andy

That's a great idea, I haven't been to Rocklers in a while now, I know they also have a lot parts and gadgets one could use to build a nice loading bench, but in your case you have a portable loading table, and it sounds like it works out just fine for you and your wife, I envy you guys that load inside your homes, me myself and I have to keep it out in my work shop, don't get me wrong I love my shop, but when it gets cold out there it tends to drive me inside, I have 1100 sq.ft. which is too hard to heat.
    Thanks for your great idea Andy.

Keep these great ideas and pictures coming Guys

tEN wOLVES
  12. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

tEN wOLVES,

Right now I stand while reloading. Have been thinking about getting a stool but haven't looked at anything yet.
  13. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Vigilante,

I tried standing when I first started loading over 20 years ago, but found it much more enjoyable by sitting, it seemed like I could concentrate better when sitting, and when I got tired of sitting I knew it was time to take a break.

tEN wOLVES
  14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Here's mine. You can see what I have been trying to achieve here, hope it helps with your new layout.

Attached Files:

15. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

TranterUK, It looks like you could use a loading bench for loading ammo ONLY TOO, I like your picture, I think I see a loading press in there , you know it's sad but true, I think there are probably more pards that have loading benches likeyours, than nice neat ones, mine is cluttered too , and thats why this post, I'm looking for ideas for a solid usable neat loading bench, which will be used just for reloading.....

tEN wOLVES