What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Thanks Woolleyworm! It was some work but its nice to have room now. I just love looking at all these guys work benches. They look great for what kind of room that most people do have. Its neat to see how others utilize space.
  2. english jack

english jack New Member

thanks for the friendly welcome woolley,good to be here!
  3. ransom63

ransom63 New Member

I built mine from 2x4's, 5/8"oak plywood & deck anchors. The top is urethane coated, 22" wide, 8' from the long length & 6' from the short length. The whole thing is anchored to the wall & floor & can now be used as a tornado shelter! Lower shelves have become crammed with stuff, so the next project will be stacked shelves up against the walls. I only reload pistol calibers for now, so the one press is enough for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Mine is currently a disaster area. I have been fairly busy with gun repairs these past few weeks. Need to clean up a bit I suppose.
  5. hillbillypaul

hillbillypaul New Member

Mine is a mess, need to build some shelves. Doesn't look as bad as some. So benches are impressive. Gave me some ideas. 13 below zero this morning, i may have a project to do today. Thanks.. Paul
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

currently????????? :rolleyes::D:D:D

-13* BBBBBRRRRRRRRR Had to put my jacket on just thinking about those kinda temps. I'd say it's a great day to do some work on the reloading bench; snap some before and after pics if ya don't mind.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

A few of mine.

First bench. Built from a kit I found at Home Depot.
    [​IMG]

First bench when I added my Dillon.
    [​IMG]

The new bench. Went form a 2x4' to a 2x6'.
    [​IMG]

Just finished it.
    [​IMG]

5 minutes later. I swear that reloading benches have a super gravity well in the middle of them. As every time I build one It turns into a mess within 5 minutes.
    [​IMG]

Finished bench with presses mounted. I am thinking of changing it up yet again.
    [​IMG]

I have been beaning to change the pile of 2x6" the RCBS is mounted on to a Dillon Strong mount.

[​IMG]

Got tired of bending over to read the scale so I made a stand to hold it at eye level.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Here is the reloading room I want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. woolleyworm

Nice work Tango!
  10. oldgunfan

oldgunfan New Member

Here is my messy corner of the basement

Attached Files:

11. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

There are some beautiful, work areas here and I have gotten some ideas to improve upon what I have already. Thanks to all for sharing and to Ten Wolves for starting this thread.

Mine is not as nice as Tango's dream room but it is my "Dawg House" and nice to be able to spend time in it during these snowy days.:D It is not my first loading room or bench, but I suspect at this time in life it is my last. So I am enjoying every minute I spend in it or with it to make it what I want, finally.

Started as an apartment in our barn where we stayed for the first 12 years deciding to build a house. I was going to buy a 30' conex box to make my loading room when the wife suggested I use this room as we no longer use it since finishing the house. Bless her, she let me use the whole thing. I did have to store the cycle for safe keeping.;) and build the shelves for brass, powder and other components.

Tool heads with dies, scales etc not up yet and still organizing will post when finished.
    I just finished the center bench and attached the loaders and loaded 150 rounds of 12 ga. New Years eve. Not even the tiniest vibration when pulling the handle.

4, MEC, 9000 shot-shell loaders for 12, 20, 28 and 410 and the hulls all fit under the bench in tupper wear. A dillon 650 for all metalic loads for rifle and pistol and a Sinclare single for super accurate prairie dog loads. Lyman DPS111 for accurate powder measure and beam scale for checking any or all loads.
    RCBS kit for case trimming and primer pocket work.

One other nice advantage is that my shooting benches are about 3o yards outside this room and I can shoot out to a mile or more against my own mountain, no neighbors to holler.:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UF
  12. woolleyworm

Holy Smokes, what are your business hours?? :D You're better stocked than my LGS !

Nice room and even nicer wife for let'n ya use the whole thing!! Thats a sweet set-up.
  13. RustyFN

RustyFN New Member

Very nice UncleFudd.
  14. hillbillypaul

hillbillypaul New Member

Started to organize my bench last week dueb to morning temp of -13. Was inspired by this post and stole some ideas. Thanks. Due to work hrs cut to 30 hrs/week, funds to improve is $0.00. Original bench consisted of 1 solid core birch door blank cut to size. This week I scrounged some pieces of 1x8 shiplap pine and 1x8 novelty pine siding and added a shelf. Huge improvement. I have before and after pics. but can not get them posted. I have dial up internet and the 2 pics will not download completely. Only satellite high speed service is offered at near $100.00/ month. not happening. Will try again later.
  15. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Send picks to someones email and i shure they will post them for ya. if not i will post them up for ya! I will send you a PM with my email.
  16. RustyFN

RustyFN New Member

I had an addition to my bench.

[​IMG]
  17. woolleyworm

Nice addition Rusty !! I like !
  18. joe45c

joe45c Active Member

after seeing unclefudd's operation,it insiped me. i spent the weekend reorganizing my setup. even with all my hamering and sawing, i didn't end up with anything close to unclefudds setup, but i've got a lot more shelving and storage space to buy more stuff and i can find everything that i have now. I'd take some pictures but thats way out of my field of expertise.
  19. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Does your library have broadband internet connections? Most UK libraries have computers that can be used by patrons for most (legal) purposes.

Can you make the picture size in megabytes smaller? One of my graphics programs allows me to save a picture as a .jpg and compress the picture from megabytes to kilobytes, great for dial-up connections.
  20. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That is a nice setup UncleFudd. Looks like you have every thing in there but the Kitchen Sink. . . . . . Oh, wait, there is a kitchen sink in there!!:D :rolleyes: