What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We would still like to see it.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

mine too. I tricked out the wifes marlin 60 for Valentines day and reloaded some .45ACPs, so its a mess.
  3. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well look at it this way a messy bench is a happy bench! It just means that you use it! Nothing to be ashamed of. I thank we all know that the books say to stay clean and neat but come on we all know that things dont work like the book says!
  4. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

GR8 stuff and it don't matter how they look, it's how they feel while you hide to do your thang, don't ya know.

I finally got to set up the 223 tool head and dies last night on the new Dillon 650. I am really pleased at the accuracy of the powder dumps. right on the money every time.
    I loaded a bunch to shoot through the CAR 15 later this morning and tried a few as I loaded to be sure everything is working and the gun likes them. Not a hitch out of about 20 test loads.

I am going to set up the tool heads and dies for the 9MM and the 45 later today as I have over 3,000 9MM and nearly that many 45 prepped and ready to load in the hopper.
    Should have them all loaded and ready to shoot by Wed or Thur. Between the wife and myself we are shooting 300 to 500 rounds per week of different calibers so I needed to get busy anyway.

This is the first metallic rounds I have loaded out of the new Dillon. When I put the pics of the loading room on the site it was out of the box and just mounted on my bench. In fact I had just finished the bench on New Years eve and loaded the first shotshells on it.

UF
  5. *Hoss*

*Hoss* New Member

[​IMG]

I am a long time shot shell reloader who has decided to get into metallic cartridge reloading. Went out and got a LEE Breech Lock Challenger and a set of 9mm carbide dies to play with along with a 2nd Ed. LEE "bible". Any advice from forum members is appreciated! I have found great advice/videos in the threads!

My bench is $20 worth of lumber with an old salvaged diswasher maple top with some TLC sanding, and a few coats of Polycrilic it turned out pretty good. I am sure I overbuilt it because it was a workout carrying from the garage to the basement!
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I remember the beginning days. my bench looks just like that Hoss. My how its grown over the last few years.
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, Hoss. This is a friendly place with tons of great advice and friendship. You'll find there's lots to talk about here besides shooting matters. It's a fun place to be.

The bench looks really good. You can never overbuild a reloading bench. It gets lots of wear and tear with years of use.
  8. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    Welcome to our world Hoss.

Here's the bench and storage area in the Man Cave.

Attached Files:

9. chunk2t1

chunk2t1 New Member

its not much but it allows me to sit relax and listen to books.:D

Attached Files:

10. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hearty welcome to the forum, Chunk. This is a great place, with lots of fine discussion, and knowledgable people who are happy to give advice.

The bench looks fine. You have good equipment with that RCBS equipment. I like their customer service.

I started listening to audio books a while back; makes the commute to work go fast.
  11. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Now thers in idea for the maple top that i have from my dishwasher! I could not get mine to go under the counter so i took the top off and its just in my way!
  12. cranky cj

cranky cj New Member

I took an old kitchen hutch, removed the top, made another and used the back cabints for storage. works pretty well for a modest set up.

[​IMG]
  13. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

:thumbsup: some neat looking benches!
  14. *Hoss*

*Hoss* New Member

Some impressive set ups! I need more room or move to a warmer climate where I can set up in the garage and not have to worry about condensation/rust.
  15. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I dug this back up. We have lots of new people here thats just starting out and i thought that it will give them a chance to see some darn good ideas for the benches that they are making. What ever room you have small or big you can make it work!