What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

tEN wOLVES,

That's easy enough to fix. Bolt two of mine together and screw 2 solid-core doors to the top cut to your liking. The bench is already 36" high. This will give you a 10' bench which should be long enough for everything you have-maybe? You will have all of the storage beneath the two benches to boot.
  2. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Thanks Vigilante

Good point, I'll have to check that out to see if 10' would work out, seems a guy can never have enough bench space, you said you got yours from Home Depot right, I could also make it deeper by adding 40"x8' plywood to it also, but you know for what the kit would cost I would be money ahead to just build it from scratch. I think I'll go see what Home Depot has, and if they still have that kit you have. Thanks for suggestions Pal.

tEN wOLVES
  3. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Vigilante

I checked with our home depot, and they didn't know what I was talking about, if you have a bar code or product # I would appreciate it, these guys said they didn't have anyway to look it up without one.

Come the rest of you loaders lets see what you have and how you make it work for you.

Thanks

tEN wOLVES
  4. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

I must admit that having seen TranterUK's workbench I have a renewed respect for our good friends across the pond. No wonder the Germans couldn't conquer England; the Brits can overcome any adversity!

I'll bet you 5 quid that at least one of those paint brushes is also used to measure the OAL of a British 303.

Cheers, Tranter, and have a prosperous 2009!
  5. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

LOL Contenderizer :D

And likewise you have a great New Year too

tEN wOLVES :)
  6. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I think there is still a bench under all my stuff. When I need some space, I just throw a scrap piece of plywood on top and go to work. This technique tends to build layers, and it is difficult to find stuff that is buried within the first layer or two. I would not recommend it.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  7. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I do mainly pistol, and some smaller rifle, so mine isn't as heavy-duty as some. In fact, I move mine around from room to room. It's in my living room now, and my cat agreed to pose for this pic...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  8. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Thomas, how do you keep everything from falling off the table with the table nailed to the wall like that? I'm surprised you did not get scratched up by the cat when you put glue on his ass and stuck him to the wall. Good luck getting him down without losing an eye. You are a brave man.
  9. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy All :)

I just thought I would let you know what I've decided to do, I really appreciate all of your input on this new loading bench project, and will use some of these ideas for my new one, I decided to go with the 2x4 Basics, you can check out the link below, I'm recovering from torn rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder, so I thought this would be an easy way to build what I want, insted of using one 3/4" slab of plywood for the top, I will use two, with the very top one being a HARD WOOD PLYWOOD, the other shelves will be 3/4" plywood, which should give me a solid outfit, but to make it better I will fasten it to the wall, the 2x4 Basics kits enable you to make your bench any size you want, based on the length of the 2x4, you can see there full line of products at www.2x4basics.com take a look see , this might be something that you might be interested in too. I will post pictures when the bench is finished. the link below is to the reloading bench that another customer made, it looks real good.

tEN wOLVES :D

http://www.2x4basics.com/show_photo.asp?photo_number=84
  10. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy All :)

I just thought I would let you know what I've decided to do, I really appreciate all of your input on this new loading bench project, and will use some of these ideas for my new one, I decided to go with the 2x4 Basics, you can check out the link below, I'm recovering from torn rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder, so I thought this would be an easy way to build what I want, in sted of using one 3/4" slab of plywood for the top, I will use two, with the very top one being a HARD WOOD PLYWOOD, the other shelves will be 3/4" plywood, which should give me a solid outfit, but to make it better I will fasten it to the wall, the 2x4 Basics kits enable you to make your bench any size you want, based on the length of the 2x4, you can see there full line of products at www.2x4basics.com take a look see , this might be something that you might be interested in too. I will post pictures win the bench is finished. the link below is to the reloading bench that another customer made, it looks real good.

http://www.2x4basics.com/show_photo.asp?photo_number=84
  11. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

tEN wOLVES,

That's a bench I am familiar with since I built one myself-sitting on my back porch. Built a 4' X 6' for storage and general purpose. I wasn't into reloading when I bought it and it was too big for the bedroom I am using. Good luck with your project!!! Getting those middle and bottom shelves in by yourself is a PIA-get some help when you get to that part.
  12. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I took an old tabletop & built a frame & shelves to mount it on. Compact but sturdy. We have actually had 3 of us all using the 650's & the Rockchucker all at the same time. All sitting.

I mounted wheels on the lower end & made a little dolly. When I step down on the dolly, it lowers the wheels to engage the floor. Then I can move it around the Garage as necessary.

Attached Files:

13. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Vigilante

I'll need help for sure setting in the shelves, but I think this set up will give me what I want, and it should be plenty solid .

Thanks for your reply Pard

Hello Bruce

That's a sharp set up you have there, you wouldn't think that many press would work that close together, but I can see the way you have it set up it would work fine, just goes to show what a guy can come up with when the need arises, WELL DONE , and thanks for sharing with us.

tEN wOLVES :cool:
  14. muddober

muddober Active Member

I just recently had to move my reloading bench from my home to this room I built upstairs in my office because my two year old little boy just wouldn't leave it alone. It is 4'x6' and about 3" thick. It is made of wood laminate somewhat like butcher board. It is bolted to a steel frame and it is heavy enough that it doesn't move around even when loading for 50 BMG.

Attached Files:

15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

bluesea - I laughed my a$$ off reading your post about that sideways bench.:D:D
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  16. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Muddober

Nice toys Pard, so do you think you will have enough room in this toy box for your loading bench. ( LOL ), Lets see that loading bench, sounds nice.

tEN wOLVES
  17. RustyFN

RustyFN New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  18. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

GDMoody and Rusty

Looks like you guys got a lot going on, on these loading benches, the benches them selves look to be very solid and well built, looks like you might have bolted the bench to the wall which really helps stabilize a bench, thanks to both of you for sharing your set up with all of us, those peanuts look pretty good.

tEN wOLVES
  19. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

My little sanctuary

Attached Files:

20. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Terry P

I like your sanctuary this is what I'm looking to achieve in my shop, I like the way you have everything arranged, and put away, everything is where you can see it and get your hands on, you even have a trophy wall, this is just my kind of place, hopefully I can get mine to work as good as yours. Thanks for sharing this picture.

tEN wOLVES