What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I will have to take some pictures, I've got two 8' long heavy benches that I made from 4x4 lumber and used two layers of 3/4" plywood for the top along with a piece of hardboard. Presses are lined up and even with 16' of space I still can't mount all of them!

They are nice and heavy and the top is thick enough to withstand the force of the presses, mainly the rockchucker; the rest sit up and in far enough to not torque on the edge.

it's also trashed, way too many projects going on.....
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Great idea, gun nut.
    aa1911, Sounds like you do quite a bit of reloading. Look forward to seeing what you have when you get pictures up.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Need some pics bro.
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

haha, found a couple of my chaos:

[​IMG]

and the workhorse, my Dillon 650:

[​IMG]

some fresh cast OO buck (lee 18 cavity mold) and lee 7/8oz slugs...

[​IMG]

as you guys can tell, I'm super neat!
  5. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

aa1911 Thats about what mine looks like right now. But i am doing a rewiring job on my house so thats my story and i am sticking too it.
  6. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Thanks BE I have thought about asking about making this a STICKY.
  7. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Member

Found this thread in another thread. Anyways this is my area set up right afore I deprimed some just shot .30-30s. Waitin on money fer the components but I'm only bout a month away from my first handloads!!! Just wonderin if anyone puts their powder measure on somethin like a place-mat? I figured I'd do that to make cleanin up spills easier.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  8. BlackEagle

I have a smooth surface easy to wipe off; I use a small paint brush to brush powder and other debris into a container for disposal. Place mats would work.
  9. mbm

mbm New Member

Howdy all. Still have a LOT to do yet, but the brandy new, hugely improved, OFFICIAL Man Cave (sweetie says so!;)) is functional as of this morning!:dancingdots: 1st post - this one - will be the before pix. 2nd, the after. Hope y'all like it - I sure do!

1. My so called 'bench'

2. Storage.

3. More storage - coffee cans contain brass.

4. Old 'puter location.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  10. mbm

mbm New Member

OK, I give up. Got some pix attached, but still can't insert from my album - how do I insert an image in my post from my album of pix on this website?
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  11. mbm

mbm New Member

2nd post.

1. Amen!

2. Old 'puter location. Top shelf, right side, right to left: small pistol; large pistol; small rifle; small rifle; large rifle primers. Below are various boolits.

3. Other end of the bench, & new shelves.

4. A little better view, with the guardian on the top shelf. Numerous coffee cans hold the brass. Forgot to move the "Man Cave" sign to an open spot though. Dillon & Pacific (yes, Pacific!) presses. Lower shelf has loaded ammo. Top shelf, right: rifle powders; lower shelf, right: pistol (and WW748) powders.

Attached Files:

12. mbm

mbm New Member

3rd post.

1. Lower shelf with most of the storage.

2. New 'puter now located in opposite corner, 1st CD rack, panama hat, and fancy Stetson in plastic on top shelf.

3. Shelves over 'puter, 2nd CD rack & various books & genealogy stuff on top shelf, right.

4. Their new home - a Liberty Fat Boy Jr. My better half has graciously allowed it to assume permanent residence in our bedroom at the foot of the bed.

Last pix later with safe contents.

Attached Files:

13. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

14. mbm

mbm New Member

Last post of the set, contents of the safe.

1. Safe is rated for 48 long guns - decent start. The double in the middle, left, was my grandpa's - it's an LC Smith hammerless, damascus barreled 12ga original that he bought new in the 20's. Among them are 2 AR's - 1 20" home built & 1 original Colt SP1 carbine; M1A, standard; Rem 1100 w/goodies; MN Finn capture; K31; 10-22; SKS; Win 94 in 45 LC; Win 1897 Breakdown 12 ga Trap; 2 12 ga Mossbergs - 1 obviously outside the safe within easy reach.

2. Some sidearms. Daily carry on right front - Colt Combat Commander, Satin Nickel - of course it's a 45! Bought new in 1980, and raised from a pup. Left front - S&W 39-2 in 9mm that was Dad's. Blue pistol rug at the back is a Erma 22 cal Luger that was Dad's. Also, a Ruger 22 cal Mark I & Mark II; Colt GM Series 70; Taurus PT99.

3. Lower shelf, wheelguns, L - R. Ruger 6" 44, Ruger 6" 357, SS Interarms Virginian Dragoon 8&3/8" 44.

Ruger 10-22, 44, and Mark I are Bicentennials.

Thanks fer lookin'!:D

Attached Files:

15. BlackEagle

Very nice collection, and I like your Man Cave. Don't worry, things will find their places over time.