The Firearms Forum banner

What does your reloading bench look like

125K views 401 replies 129 participants last post by  Kweeksdraw 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy Gents

I just thought it would be fun to see what all your reloading benches look like, so lets see some pictures, I'm been thinking of making a new one and thought this would be a great way to see what the rest of you are doing for a reloading bench and where you do it. :confused:

tEN wOLVES :D

#52 ·
Thomas, how do you keep everything from falling off the table with the table nailed to the wall like that? I'm surprised you did not get scratched up by the cat when you put glue on his ass and stuck him to the wall. Good luck getting him down without losing an eye. You are a brave man.
LOL...yeah, I tried to rotate the dang picture and didn't get it accomplished. Love my firearms...love reloading....and love my kitty kat. She's a good little buddy !

#53 ·
Will Thomas, I'm glad we got that straighten out, I think some of these guys were thinking of doing the same thing , they just didn't know which wall to put it on, but your loading bench looks good, and I bet the cat makes good company,

tEN wOLVES

#54 ·
Terry P's set up is close to mine. My bench top is tall enough that I can stand and work, but I have a tall draftsman chair with wheels and footrest
It's 2' x 6' on one side and 16" x 4' on the other. I have a 2' x 3' window centered on the bigger wall with adj. shelves between the window and the wall.
On the other wall I have peg board and a cabinet that I keep all my dies and toolheads in. In the lower right of the pic you'll see plastic containers. These are full of my little brass childrens.;) :D
This is my only pic. Guaranteed to kill roaches and scare small children. :eek: :D

Art
Art your just a big ole cajun teddy bear, good to see who's given me advice.
Tim

#55 ·
I wouldn't go with the 2X4 Basics kit. I did consider it and decided that I could make it stronger and cheaper without the kit. I'm very proud of how this bench turned out. I wanted it to be nice looking as it is in my bedroom. (You might be a ******* .. if you have a reloading bench in your bedroom) Mine is around 3' X 5' I don't remember the exact measurements as I built it about 18 months ago. It is solid as a rock though and could easily be made bigger.
Room Floor Flooring Hardwood Cabinetry

Room House Cabinetry Desk Drawer

Wood stain Small appliance Plastic Varnish Food storage containers

#56 ·
Hello CCWhite

Thanks for sharing your set up with us, it looks good, nice and neat, and your bench looks to be real solid and heavy duty, I like the way you have things laid out, everything easy to get to, and using a baby bottle for your spent primers is a good idea, your room looks like a peaceful place to do your reloading, which is important, well done CC

Ten Wolves

#62 ·
I think we're all like that, things always look better when they're cleaned up a bit, but CC I think you probably keep a pretty tidy bench. I just about have my new bench finished, I should be posting a picture soon, I'm still waiting for my Hornady LNL AP to come in, I want to get it mounted before I take any pictures.

tEN wOLVES

#63 ·
Howdy All

I just finished my new reloading bench, I haven't received my new Hornady LNL AP yet , but the bench will at least be done when it gets here, I used the 2x4 Basics bench legs and shelve brackets, I have to say this make a very sturdy unit, and the shelve brackets were a breeze to make, this give me plenty of room, and will free up my leather working bench, I used the shelves on my leather working bench, and it's going to work out fine. so here's some pictures of both.

Attachments

#65 ·
Here is one new reloaders answer to not much room upstairs and the basement is too darn cold -lol

Attachments

#66 ·
Thanks GDMoody, it's been a fun project, I know what your going through, I have had to learn to have more patience than I normally do, when it comes to waiting for things to come in the brown truck, All my ( use to be ) GOOD GUN STORES sold out or moved out of California, so I find myself turning to the internet more and more, at least they usually have what you want. Take care Pard

Hello RandyP

You made nice use of your space, and even though small it looks solid and sturdy, I think if you want to load bad enough, we all can come up with a good way to go about it, plus this will keep you out of the cold. thanks for sharing.

Thanks Pards

tEN wOLVES

#68 ·
sheesh, it doesnt look that bad in person, the camera must have added alot of that stuff. I need to clean it off and reorganize:D

#69 ·
Howdy JLA

Sorry I didn't respond to your post, I bet you felt like an orphan, I just hadn't been on the PC for a while. you know there are extremes to everything, I'm a neat nick, probably because as a kid if I wanted to work or be in my Dads shop, I had to keep things neat and clean as I worked, my Dad came from a long line of craftsman, and this was the way he was taught, so it's in my blood to be this way, and I have to say it works real well for me, but I also have friends that are just the opposite and tend to get along ok, but will loose things all the time, and then find them after they already bought a new one, all because these things got lost in the mess, but this never bothered them a bit they continued to do things statuesque, and to loose things and forget where they put the stuff. LOL, IT'S ALL FUN , WE JUST ALL HAVE FUN IN DIFFERENT WAYS..

tEN wOLVES

#70 ·
yeah. my problem is that i use the same desk to fix guns. hence the tools, two 1911 pistols, and the tool box on the right. yeah i clean it off once a month, but it just takes fixing two guns to muck it all up again. its a a vicious cycle. But believe it or not i know where everything is;)

#71 ·
Howdy JLA

I know where your coming from Pard, I/we all have this problem with horizontal surfaces, I guess this is why I built so many benches, clutter tends to drive me nuts, and It's not so much the mess that bothers me , it's not being able to put my hands on tools or parts when I need them, when working on my guns, so I have two benches for this, one for my long guns and one for hand guns, but I do know what your saying, I know friends that can have a cluttered bench, and still know where everything is at, for me as I've gotten older I like making things as easy as possible for my self, and when loading, it takes the stress out, and makes it a ton more safer when you have less to look at on your bench.:rolleyes:

Take care, and have a great weekend :)

#73 · (Edited)
Howdy Rembrandt

Will I can see you like to work clean too, this is a really nice area you have for reloading, what are the two white containers in front of your bench :confused:, I'll take a guess that they're for your gun powder, I know a lot of guys are using old refrigerators to store there powder and loaded ammo, good idea, but what are these two white boxes?:confused: I see you also have nice overhead storage, great way to keep things dust free and clean. Question, what is that big press at the left side of your bench, that sucker is Awesome in size, and I like the way you have your presses on a slide mount, once you slide it in, all you have to do is tighten the nuts and you have a solid mount, great idea, and neat too, when done you can remove all of your presses and put them away, nice and neat, you really put some thought into this.:):cool: and you even have a compressed air line, how handy is that....

You did a really great job designing your loading area, Thanks for sharing with all of us.

#74 · (Edited)
Lower storage are roll cabs. Large turret press is an old Herters model....found it at a garage sale for 5 bucks. Has built in shop vac and air compressor. Track system is called "80-20", sort of like a quick detach system that allows equipment to be interchanged. Can add a cleaning station or re-loader in seconds.

#75 ·
Howdy Rembrandt

Thanks for the reply Pard, I'd say without doubt you are a serious reloader, and like I said before you have put some thought into this, with great results, I like the fact that when your finished loading you can put everything away, that's a neat operation.those roller carts are a good way to store your ammo, I saw your vacuum hose but didn't know if you had a hook up there or not , another nice idea, vacuum and compressed air in the same location, you really have addressed all your needs and made things work the way you want them to.:cool:

Take care Pard, and thanks for your input :)

#76 ·
Rembrandt, that is a really nice setup that you have there! I take it that the 80/20 rails are working out well and I was wondering about the dimensions of your rails. I am currently setting up a reloading room of my own and would really like to incorporate those into my benchtop. I have found the website to order them but have not a clue as to what the height and width of those would be. Any help is greatly appreciated. When i get mine up and going I will post some pics of my room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.