What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante New Member

tEN wOLVES,

That's a bench I am familiar with since I built one myself-sitting on my back porch. Built a 4' X 6' for storage and general purpose. I wasn't into reloading when I bought it and it was too big for the bedroom I am using. Good luck with your project!!! Getting those middle and bottom shelves in by yourself is a PIA-get some help when you get to that part.
  2. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I took an old tabletop & built a frame & shelves to mount it on. Compact but sturdy. We have actually had 3 of us all using the 650's & the Rockchucker all at the same time. All sitting.

I mounted wheels on the lower end & made a little dolly. When I step down on the dolly, it lowers the wheels to engage the floor. Then I can move it around the Garage as necessary.

Attached Files:

3. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Vigilante

I'll need help for sure setting in the shelves, but I think this set up will give me what I want, and it should be plenty solid .

Thanks for your reply Pard

tEN wOLVES :D

Hello Bruce

That's a sharp set up you have there, you wouldn't think that many press would work that close together, but I can see the way you have it set up it would work fine, just goes to show what a guy can come up with when the need arises, WELL DONE , and thanks for sharing with us.

tEN wOLVES :cool:
  4. muddober

muddober Active Member

I just recently had to move my reloading bench from my home to this room I built upstairs in my office because my two year old little boy just wouldn't leave it alone. It is 4'x6' and about 3" thick. It is made of wood laminate somewhat like butcher board. It is bolted to a steel frame and it is heavy enough that it doesn't move around even when loading for 50 BMG.

Attached Files:

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

bluesea - I laughed my a$$ off reading your post about that sideways bench.:D:D
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  6. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Muddober

Nice toys Pard, so do you think you will have enough room in this toy box for your loading bench. ( LOL ), Lets see that loading bench, sounds nice.

tEN wOLVES
  7. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  8. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

GDMoody and Rusty

Looks like you guys got a lot going on, on these loading benches, the benches them selves look to be very solid and well built, looks like you might have bolted the bench to the wall which really helps stabilize a bench, thanks to both of you for sharing your set up with all of us, those peanuts look pretty good.

tEN wOLVES
  9. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

My little sanctuary

Attached Files:

10. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Terry P

I like your sanctuary this is what I'm looking to achieve in my shop, I like the way you have everything arranged, and put away, everything is where you can see it and get your hands on, you even have a trophy wall, this is just my kind of place, hopefully I can get mine to work as good as yours. Thanks for sharing this picture.

tEN wOLVES
  11. artabr

artabr New Member

Terry P's set up is close to mine. My bench top is tall enough that I can stand and work, but I have a tall draftsman chair with wheels and footrest
    It's 2' x 6' on one side and 16" x 4' on the other. I have a 2' x 3' window centered on the bigger wall with adj. shelves between the window and the wall.
    On the other wall I have peg board and a cabinet that I keep all my dies and toolheads in. In the lower right of the pic you'll see plastic containers. These are full of my little brass childrens.;) :D
    This is my only pic. Guaranteed to kill roaches and scare small children. :eek: :D

Art

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Hey Art

I would have to say we take joint first prize, if there was one. The fact that either of us can find anything is clearly a testament to our superior abilities!

I mean look at some of there guys benches, there is no challenge in getting anything done on them. :)
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

Martin, I might not see it, but I sure as hell know were it is. What gives me grief is when I clean and straighten everything up. THATS when I can't find anything. :D
    I tend to work better in clutter, it matches whats inside my cranium. ;) :D

Art
  14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Trust me Art, you dont want to know, no, I dont want to know what inside mine. :eek:
  15. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Your set up is something like what I have now, sort of a mix of things, but it sounds like you know where everything is, I'm the same way, I've had things that way so long, but I still no where things are when I need them. When I get this new bench built, and everything put away where I think it's supposed to go, that's when the challenge will come in ," WHERE DID I PUT THAT" This will be the part that will take some getting used to, but it will be nice to have some area that isn't cluttered up with stuff.

Thanks for sharing

tEN wOLVES