The Firearms Forum banner

What does your reloading bench look like

125K views 401 replies 129 participants last post by  Kweeksdraw 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy Gents

I just thought it would be fun to see what all your reloading benches look like, so lets see some pictures, I'm been thinking of making a new one and thought this would be a great way to see what the rest of you are doing for a reloading bench and where you do it. :confused:

tEN wOLVES :D

#102 ·
Howdy Dirty

WOW those walls look to be about 16" thick, you could probably have your own indoor range if this is long enough ( LOL ) but all kidding aside, you look to have plenty of room for your loading, your bench is big enough to allow you to mount any component you might want to, and you utilized those plastic storage cubes for the stuff you need. Nice Dillon too. :cool:

Thanks for sharing Dirty Pacman

#103 ·
Thanks for the kind words tEN wOlves.
Hopefully I can take the time out and snap some new pics for the updated setup.
I have added a nice swivel chair, additional storage, additional presses, and some artwork to add some flavor.

#104 ·
Howdy Dirty

We look forward to seeing the updated pictures, you have a nice loading set up now, it's nice to have the room to make it even better, I'm going to post some pictures of mine when I get it all together, I'm still waiting for my Hornady Lock-N-Load AP to get here, it's going to be fun to finally get all working.

#106 ·
ive been inspired by many of these set ups, i recently purchased a rcbs partner kit. not haveing a place to use it has been driving me nuts. its still in the box begging to be used. but in the mean time ive purchased more equiptment and the hornady book, and am in the process of building a state of the art reloading mega center(replaceing my compter desk with a homemade super desk that wraps the corner in my man cave) .its been a good thing, instead of jumping right in, ive had to take the time and read about it before i can use it and i think ill be much more prepared for when i actually sit down to do it. i caint wait to start. although i still need a tumbler, any body got one they wana sell?

#107 ·
Howdy Ronrrm :)

That is a good sized man target you have there, your loading bench looks full, and capable of loading several calibers, I've seen on other forums where this has been done, I think one guy had five Lee 1000 presses set up for all his handgun calibers, he had plenty of bench space, and also had other presses mounted as well, you look to have yours fixed right for your needs.

Thanks for sharing :D

Hello Teddybaham :)

I think you're doing the right thing by reading all you can before you start loading, it makes good sense, I'm just getting back into reloading myself, I haven't been for a few years now, but it's just like riding a bike, but they do have have some nice new things we can buy out there. That just makes it funner.
It's good to have you join us Pard, when you get your loading bench and area all together be sure to post some pictures.

#108 ·
Howdy Ronrrm :)

That is a good sized man target you have there, your loading bench looks full, and capable of loading several calibers, I've seen on other forums where this has been done, I think one guy had five Lee 1000 presses set up for all his handgun calibers, he had plenty of bench space, and also had other presses mounted as well, you look to have yours fixed right for your needs.

Thanks for sharing :D

Hello Teddybaham :)

I think you're doing the right thing by reading all you can before you start loading, it makes good sense, I'm just getting back into reloading myself, I haven't been for a few years now, but it's just like riding a bike, but they do have have some nice new things we can buy out there. That just makes it funner.
It's good to have you join us Pard, when you get your loading bench and area all together be sure to post some pictures.

absoloutly

#109 ·
Thanks to one of the guys I work with and his pickup, I got one of the benches I wanted home from the shop, along with some warehouse shelving. Somebody else must have snagged the smaller one, but I have my eye on another. It's set mostly where I want it and already in proper use... The realtor helping my wife and I buy our house is having feeding trouble with his Garand, so I have it apart right now and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Attachments

#110 ·
Howdy USMC-03

It looks like you got yourself a strong work bench there, is the top steel or wood painted black, it looks like there might be steel shinning through on the side, I like the drawers with the lockable piece of hardware on the outside, you don't see this much, I bet this bench has a long history, anyway I'd say you have a great reloading bench, one that will last you a long time.

Thanks for sharing your bench with all of us :cool:

Regards

#112 ·
It's a plywood top with a thick rubber mat on top. It's old, I know that. The plant I work in goes back about 100 years, so there are still plenty on old tools and equipment kicking around. I'll post more pictures as I set it up the way I want.
Well I think you have a good strong work bench, it's deep enough that you could use it for just about anything, your lucky you have access to all this old stuff, some of those old benches and equipment you just can't get today, they would cost too much to make, you're a lucky guy. make sure you post a picture when you get it all together, and thanks for sharing.:D

tEN wOLVES :):D

#114 ·
Hello Bikeryoda

I'd say for $200.00 you did real well, You made your bench to be very usable, plenty of space to work in, and a dandy Dillon 550 for a press, I can see you'll be spending a lot of time loading, Have fun and thanks for sharing.

#116 ·
Howdy bisy

It's kind of hard to keep things from getting messy when your busy, I have to fight clutter on all my horizontal surfaces all the time, seems like they're magnets for stuff that don't belong there, looks like you've been loading for for a while now, and several calibers too, you have more room than a lot of pards, what is that one of your benches, it looks like postage stamps, anyway enjoy your reloading, and thanks for taking the time to post your pictures.

tEN wOLVES

#119 ·
A clean desk is the sign of a weak mind, according to my grandma. A cluttered work bench says two things, I am too busy, or I am too lazy. At least that is what my Grandpa said. Me I keep mine a mess cuz it keeps the wife outta there. She tried to organize it once but there was a mutiny in the house.

#120 ·
Well guys this is my bench. I started to reload about a month ago. I just converted a utility cart into my bench. I mounted a backboard and added a shelf and attached a wood table top. It serves me well for now since I only load .223, 10MM, and .357. I guess when I start accumulating more components I'll have expand then. But since it is portable I can go any where in house and reload and that is a great feature.:)

Attachments

#121 ·
Howdy dsv424

Good idea, that makes your loading bench very universal, can you lock the wheels up to make it stable and solid?, this looks to be a very usable unit, even though it is small, you seem to have things where you want them, and where they will work well for you, and the big plus is you can move it to another room if you want.... Well done, Thanks for sharing

Were getting a good library of really good ideas for loading benches :cool:

keep them coming

#123 ·
Hello FTK87

Thanks for stopping in Pard, when you get that new shop built and your reloading area/loading bench built make sure you post some pictures, we want to see what it looks like.

We'll keep a light on for ya

Regards

#125 ·
Howdy zfk55

WOW, you really have it all together Pard, what a great loading/gun room, I like your gun rack set up, and your multi loading presses, you have things set up so you can really put out the ammo, with high quality Dillon presses and your benches look to be set up to handle all your supply needs. and plenty of good lighting.

Thanks for sharing with us , I know there will be a lot loaders taking a look at your set up. WELL DONE FOR SURE.....:cool:

#126 ·
Howdy zfk55

WOW, you really have it all together Pard, what a great loading/gun room, I like your gun rack set up, and your multi loading presses, you have things set up so you can really put out the ammo, with high quality Dillon presses and your benches look to be set up to handle all your supply needs. and plenty of good lighting.

Thanks for sharing with us , I know there will be a lot loaders taking a look at your set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.