The Firearms Forum banner

What does your reloading bench look like

125K views 401 replies 129 participants last post by  Kweeksdraw 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy Gents

I just thought it would be fun to see what all your reloading benches look like, so lets see some pictures, I'm been thinking of making a new one and thought this would be a great way to see what the rest of you are doing for a reloading bench and where you do it. :confused:

tEN wOLVES :D

#127 ·
Thanks. My Dad built that room a long time ago. The long bench allows me to slide from one system to the next. We do a lot of bullet casting here so once cast, there are a series of thngs that have to be done before a bullet is finished. Its all set up for efficiency and that allows me to concentrate with as few distractions as possible.
Actually I'm more excited about it all now than ever. Last week he gave it all to me. Now I'm the keeper of the rifles and the load data logbooks, and someday it will belong to my own son. Dad still is active in the reloading room but now he sits and talks, keeping an eye on how safely I perform everything he's taught me.
Its a really relaxing place to be.

Latigo

#128 ·
Rembrandt, that's one of the best systems I've ever seen. It would take some major changing in my son's reloading room, but I believe we're going to follow your lead and do exactly that. The ability to slide different reloaders, sizers, bullet swagers and presses the entire 14' of his reloading bench opens up all kinds of possibilities not to mention it would greatly benefit those with limited space. Thanks for a great idea. It would seem to be a marketable approach.

P (Latigo's dad)

#130 ·
Howdy Gents

Well we have seen a lot of loading benches and loading areas, on this thread, and if there were a prize for the best bench and reloading area, there would be several prizes given as to this date and to what has been shown, but I think you will all agree that Rembrandt would take first prize, I think he has given us all an idea what can be done with some thought put into it, it will be interesting to see how he influences other loaders to do the same things, I even have some fresh ideas my self.

So thanks Rembrandt for sharing what you have done.

Now lets see some more from those that haven't posted theirs

#133 ·
And if we have a prize for the worst, would I be in with a shot? :) (Page 1).
Hello Tranter UK, We might be able to come up with a prize in that category, I still haven't figured out how you get any loading done, you must be a wizard at this. LOL

G
#134 · (Edited)
Hello Tranter UK, We might be able to come up with a prize in that category, I still haven't figured out how you get any loading done, you must be a wizard at this. LOL

Well I will tell you, its been easier since I got a new, fine adjustment hammer.

Actually the answer is that I only load very small quantities nowdays. Just specific loads for a specific task, like the squirrel problem! And trust me, after almost 35 years of reloading, you kinda know what to do.

#135 ·
Check it out guys, I rearranged and reorganized. I incorporated a little order to the chaos;)

Attachments

#136 · (Edited)
WELL DONE JLA, it makes a difference for sure, your room looks great, I like the wood gun cases, it's nice to be able to see your rifles, when I was growing up this was all you saw in storage for your guns, now it's SAFES AND VAULTS.

Thanks for taking the time to post your clean up, it looks great.

#137 ·
Yeah, I cant stand not to see my 'toys' I have 2 other gun cabinets not in the picture and both are wood and tempered glass...

#139 ·
Howdy FTK87

Looks like you're getting a good start, your work area looks a lot like the one I had when I first started out, you'll be surprised how fast those shelves will fill up with components and supplies, you have a good start, your bench looks like it is solid, is it attached to the wall, I had a little wobble in mine, attaching it to the wall took good care of that. How do you like your your Lee Press and powder dump ?

Take care Pard, and enjoy your reloading, thanks for sharing your loading area and bench.

#140 ·
Come on, lets keep this going, I know there are a lot more benches and loading areas to see, this has been great viewing for me along with a ton of good ideas, so lets keep it going I know there are some of you that haven't posted let, so when you have a little time , we would love to see your man cave.

#141 ·
Howdy All

I finally heard from Midway, that my Hornady L&L AP has come in, and that they will notify me when it is sent to me, YIPPEE, it will be four months on April 20, 2009 since I placed my order, I never would have thought we would be in a mess like this with reloading supplies and components, but maybe things will start settling down.
I'll post pictures when I get the press mounted, I can't wait for this.:D

tEN wOLVES :)

#142 ·
Howdy All

I finally heard from Midway, that my Hornady L&L AP has come in, and that they will notify me when it is sent to me, YIPPEE, it will be four months on April 20, 2009 since I placed my order, I never would have thought we would be in a mess like this with reloading supplies and components, but maybe things will start settling down.
I'll post pictures when I get the press mounted, I can't wait for this.:D

tEN wOLVES :)
Awesome man the long wait is just going to make it that much sweeter.

#144 · (Edited)
Howdy RFL

Nice set up you have there, clean and neat, that's the way I like my loading area too, I see you have an Ultra-Vibe Tumbler, I've had mine since 1984, works like a champ. Thanks for sharing Pard, and Welcome to the forum.

#145 ·
Thanks for the welcome tEN wOLVES. I bought my Ultra Vibe18 in 1982 and it's never been worked on. I would hate to guess how many thousands of rounds have been run through it. I bought the Dillon 2001 to take the strain off the old tumbler. I look forward to seeing you on here more often. Thanks again.

#147 ·
Hello Swiss7.5

Nicely done Pard, your bench looks high enough to be worked by sitting on a stool or standing up, it also looks strong and sturdy, you put in enough shelves to accommodate your components and supplies, and still have have no clutter on the bench its self, nice storage underneath too.
You should have a lot of fun reloading on nice set up like this, Thanks for sharing with us, and Welcome to the forum.:)

#149 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Actually I reload sitting in a nice comfortable computer chair the top of the table is only 31" hogh
Me too Swiss, I spent most of my working life on my feet, now I sit when ever I can, I do my reloading, leather work and working on my guns sitting in a nice computer chair, ya know it's a good life.

Happy Easter Pard :)

#150 ·
Well, I consider myself lucky... when I do my reloading, I get to do it here:

Attachments

#151 ·
more pics.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.