What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Bob

I've been reloading on my RCBS Rock Chucker, since the 80's, and find it to be a strong and precise press, but slow when you need to get a lot of rounds made, so I've ordered a Hornady Lock-N-Load AP, I haven't received it yet , it's been on order since December, but I'm really looking forward loading on a progressive. I'll continue to use my RC, for 45/70 and other rifle calibers.
    I hope you have a good season pard, this Cowboy Action Shooting is a lot of fun for sure.

tEN wOLVES :D
  2. Rockchucker

Rockchucker New Member

I'd like to post a picture, but for the life of me I don't know how. Can someone please help.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Go Advanced, manage attachments and upload from your computer or the internet, close the popup window after the files have successfully uploaded and post your message.
  4. Rockchucker

Rockchucker New Member

Hoped this works. This is all the space I was able to fit my reloading equipment into. My case trimmer is mounted to a small piece of plywood and put away until needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  5. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Rockchucker :)

Nice set up Pard, you have it all together and looks to be very workable, having a book case is real handy, I'm working on finding a better spot for mine, I have my books here and there and everywhere, your bench is a good size for the space you have , it looks like it's on steroids, and should be solid as heck, ( LOL ) I take it this is a room in your home, which is nice if your in a State that has cold weather I have all my stuff in my shop, but there are times when it gets cold or really hot , that working in the house sounds real good.

Thanks for stopping in and sharing with us, we're getting a nice collection of reloading benches and work area's.:)

6. Shellback

Shellback New Member

Heres my reloading shop I built a few years ago, nothing fancy but it's organized and workable, I put out a lot of quality ammo here.. Hope you guys like it. MVC-014S.JPG

MVC-010S.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG
    The other side of my shop is where I have a bench for cleaning repairing and gunsmithing.
    I have a deck in the front of my shop I cast my slugs and bullets..
    Tim
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  7. Axeman810

Axeman810 New Member

check out the album guys I cant figure this crap out.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  8. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Shellback

I think you have a very work friendly loading area, finished or not you have made everything work for you, you have enough space to move around and not feel closed in, I see you have a Lyman Turret press, how do you like it, I'm thinking after I get my Hornady Lock-N-Load I might get a turret press to make loading my other calibers a little more handy, especially if I put a auto case loader on the Hornady.
    Thanks for sharing Pard

tEN wOLVES:D
  9. Shellback

Shellback New Member

Ahh it's just a little shop I built in the back I'm not planning to cover the walls or finishing that, the only thing thats not finished is the rest of the loading I need to do ( thats not gonna happen anytime soon) I got another 20 years to go at least.:D. Thanks for looking
    Tim
  10. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Will Tim I didn't mean that as a slam on the way it looked pard, it's fine just the way it is , the whole idea is how well it works for you, and I can see it's working out just fine for you, and one other thing, I hope you have a lot more than 20 years to go on loading, but either way at least you have plenty of time to do it.:)

Best Regards

Rod
  11. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

My humble little setup... this is when it was first finished. I have added many things to this setup but the basic starting point was:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Dirty

WOW those walls look to be about 16" thick, you could probably have your own indoor range if this is long enough ( LOL ) but all kidding aside, you look to have plenty of room for your loading, your bench is big enough to allow you to mount any component you might want to, and you utilized those plastic storage cubes for the stuff you need. Nice Dillon too. :cool:

Thanks for sharing Dirty Pacman

13. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Thanks for the kind words tEN wOlves.
    Hopefully I can take the time out and snap some new pics for the updated setup.
    I have added a nice swivel chair, additional storage, additional presses, and some artwork to add some flavor.
  14. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Dirty

We look forward to seeing the updated pictures, you have a nice loading set up now, it's nice to have the room to make it even better, I'm going to post some pictures of mine when I get it all together, I'm still waiting for my Hornady Lock-N-Load AP to get here, it's going to be fun to finally get all working.

15. ronrrm

ronrrm New Member

.357/.38sp and 9mm setups...with room for the .45acp next month

The Pro 1000's work like a dream once they are setup; it made more sense to me to buy separate calibers vs. switching shell plates/dies and having to go through the setup agony over and over every week.

Attached Files: