What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy dsv424

Good idea, that makes your loading bench very universal, can you lock the wheels up to make it stable and solid?, this looks to be a very usable unit, even though it is small, you seem to have things where you want them, and where they will work well for you, and the big plus is you can move it to another room if you want.... Well done, Thanks for sharing

Were getting a good library of really good ideas for loading benches :cool:

keep them coming

tEN wOLVES :D
  2. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

Wow, Everyones looks so good. I am getting many great ideas, I really like the ones with the quick change tracks. I'm about to build a small shop, so the new bench will have to wait. right now I'm using a pretty strudy old desk.
  3. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello FTK87

Thanks for stopping in Pard, when you get that new shop built and your reloading area/loading bench built make sure you post some pictures, we want to see what it looks like.

We'll keep a light on for ya

Regards

4. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I had to show you a rifle my Dad just gave me. A minty Officer's Issue K31.

[​IMG]

And a closeup.

[​IMG]

Latigo
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  5. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy zfk55

WOW, you really have it all together Pard, what a great loading/gun room, I like your gun rack set up, and your multi loading presses, you have things set up so you can really put out the ammo, with high quality Dillon presses and your benches look to be set up to handle all your supply needs. and plenty of good lighting.

Thanks for sharing with us , I know there will be a lot loaders taking a look at your set up. WELL DONE FOR SURE.....:cool:

6. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy zfk55

WOW, you really have it all together Pard, what a great loading/gun room, I like your gun rack set up, and your multi loading presses, you have things set up so you can really put out the ammo, with high quality Dillon presses and your benches look to be set up to handle all your supply needs. and plenty of good lighting.

Thanks for sharing with us , I know there will be a lot loaders taking a look at your set up.

7. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

Thanks. My Dad built that room a long time ago. The long bench allows me to slide from one system to the next. We do a lot of bullet casting here so once cast, there are a series of thngs that have to be done before a bullet is finished. Its all set up for efficiency and that allows me to concentrate with as few distractions as possible.
    Actually I'm more excited about it all now than ever. Last week he gave it all to me. Now I'm the keeper of the rifles and the load data logbooks, and someday it will belong to my own son. Dad still is active in the reloading room but now he sits and talks, keeping an eye on how safely I perform everything he's taught me.
    Its a really relaxing place to be.

Latigo
  8. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

Rembrandt, that's one of the best systems I've ever seen. It would take some major changing in my son's reloading room, but I believe we're going to follow your lead and do exactly that. The ability to slide different reloaders, sizers, bullet swagers and presses the entire 14' of his reloading bench opens up all kinds of possibilities not to mention it would greatly benefit those with limited space. Thanks for a great idea. It would seem to be a marketable approach.

P (Latigo's dad)
  9. Rembrandt

Rembrandt Member

Feel free to use the ideas....Lord knows I've borrowed plenty. Seemed a practical solution to mounting things to the bench when space can be an issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Gents

Well we have seen a lot of loading benches and loading areas, on this thread, and if there were a prize for the best bench and reloading area, there would be several prizes given as to this date and to what has been shown, but I think you will all agree that Rembrandt would take first prize, I think he has given us all an idea what can be done with some thought put into it, it will be interesting to see how he influences other loaders to do the same things, I even have some fresh ideas my self.

So thanks Rembrandt for sharing what you have done.

Now lets see some more from those that haven't posted theirs

11. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

And if we have a prize for the worst, would I be in with a shot? :) (Page 1).
  12. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I must admit Rembrandt's setup from what I can see would be awesome.
  13. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Tranter UK, We might be able to come up with a prize in that category, I still haven't figured out how you get any loading done, you must be a wizard at this. LOL

14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Well I will tell you, its been easier since I got a new, fine adjustment hammer.

Actually the answer is that I only load very small quantities nowdays. Just specific loads for a specific task, like the squirrel problem! And trust me, after almost 35 years of reloading, you kinda know what to do.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Check it out guys, I rearranged and reorganized. I incorporated a little order to the chaos;)

Attached Files:

16. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

WELL DONE JLA, it makes a difference for sure, your room looks great, I like the wood gun cases, it's nice to be able to see your rifles, when I was growing up this was all you saw in storage for your guns, now it's SAFES AND VAULTS.

Thanks for taking the time to post your clean up, it looks great.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  17. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I cant stand not to see my 'toys' I have 2 other gun cabinets not in the picture and both are wood and tempered glass...
  18. FTK87

FTK87 New Member

Here is mine, plain and simple

102_0070.jpg

102_0072.jpg
  19. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy FTK87

Looks like you're getting a good start, your work area looks a lot like the one I had when I first started out, you'll be surprised how fast those shelves will fill up with components and supplies, you have a good start, your bench looks like it is solid, is it attached to the wall, I had a little wobble in mine, attaching it to the wall took good care of that. How do you like your your Lee Press and powder dump ?

Take care Pard, and enjoy your reloading, thanks for sharing your loading area and bench.

20. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Come on, lets keep this going, I know there are a lot more benches and loading areas to see, this has been great viewing for me along with a ton of good ideas, so lets keep it going I know there are some of you that haven't posted let, so when you have a little time , we would love to see your man cave.