What does your reloading bench look like

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tEN wOLVES, Dec 26, 2008.

1. teddybaham

teddybaham New Member

ive been inspired by many of these set ups, i recently purchased a rcbs partner kit. not haveing a place to use it has been driving me nuts. its still in the box begging to be used. but in the mean time ive purchased more equiptment and the hornady book, and am in the process of building a state of the art reloading mega center(replaceing my compter desk with a homemade super desk that wraps the corner in my man cave) .its been a good thing, instead of jumping right in, ive had to take the time and read about it before i can use it and i think ill be much more prepared for when i actually sit down to do it. i caint wait to start. although i still need a tumbler, any body got one they wana sell?
  2. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy Ronrrm :)

That is a good sized man target you have there, your loading bench looks full, and capable of loading several calibers, I've seen on other forums where this has been done, I think one guy had five Lee 1000 presses set up for all his handgun calibers, he had plenty of bench space, and also had other presses mounted as well, you look to have yours fixed right for your needs.

Thanks for sharing :D

Hello Teddybaham :)

I think you're doing the right thing by reading all you can before you start loading, it makes good sense, I'm just getting back into reloading myself, I haven't been for a few years now, but it's just like riding a bike, but they do have have some nice new things we can buy out there. That just makes it funner.
    It's good to have you join us Pard, when you get your loading bench and area all together be sure to post some pictures.

tEN wOLVES :D
  3. teddybaham

teddybaham New Member

absoloutly
  4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Thanks to one of the guys I work with and his pickup, I got one of the benches I wanted home from the shop, along with some warehouse shelving. Somebody else must have snagged the smaller one, but I have my eye on another. It's set mostly where I want it and already in proper use... The realtor helping my wife and I buy our house is having feeding trouble with his Garand, so I have it apart right now and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Attached Files:

5. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy USMC-03

It looks like you got yourself a strong work bench there, is the top steel or wood painted black, it looks like there might be steel shinning through on the side, I like the drawers with the lockable piece of hardware on the outside, you don't see this much, I bet this bench has a long history, anyway I'd say you have a great reloading bench, one that will last you a long time.

Thanks for sharing your bench with all of us :cool:

Regards

6. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    It's a plywood top with a thick rubber mat on top. It's old, I know that. The plant I work in goes back about 100 years, so there are still plenty on old tools and equipment kicking around. I'll post more pictures as I set it up the way I want.
  7. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Well I think you have a good strong work bench, it's deep enough that you could use it for just about anything, your lucky you have access to all this old stuff, some of those old benches and equipment you just can't get today, they would cost too much to make, you're a lucky guy. make sure you post a picture when you get it all together, and thanks for sharing.:D

tEN wOLVES :):D
  8. bikeryoda

bikeryoda New Member

Here is mine... made it for about $200. It is 6' by 4' and about 6' tall.

Attached Files:

9. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Hello Bikeryoda

I'd say for $200.00 you did real well, You made your bench to be very usable, plenty of space to work in, and a dandy Dillon 550 for a press, I can see you'll be spending a lot of time loading, Have fun and thanks for sharing.

10. bizy

bizy New Member

This is a mess, but here is images of my reloading area. I couldn't get it all in one picture.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      61.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
  11. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Howdy bisy

It's kind of hard to keep things from getting messy when your busy, I have to fight clutter on all my horizontal surfaces all the time, seems like they're magnets for stuff that don't belong there, looks like you've been loading for for a while now, and several calibers too, you have more room than a lot of pards, what is that one of your benches, it looks like postage stamps, anyway enjoy your reloading, and thanks for taking the time to post your pictures.

tEN wOLVES
  12. CJ7365

CJ7365 Member

Hey Bizy,

I'd be happy to help get that extra wieght off the top shelf:D

and off the second shelf as well
  13. Rightbrainer

Rightbrainer New Member

14. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

A clean desk is the sign of a weak mind, according to my grandma. A cluttered work bench says two things, I am too busy, or I am too lazy. At least that is what my Grandpa said. Me I keep mine a mess cuz it keeps the wife outta there. She tried to organize it once but there was a mutiny in the house.
  15. dsv424

dsv424 New Member

Well guys this is my bench. I started to reload about a month ago. I just converted a utility cart into my bench. I mounted a backboard and added a shelf and attached a wood table top. It serves me well for now since I only load .223, 10MM, and .357. I guess when I start accumulating more components I'll have expand then. But since it is portable I can go any where in house and reload and that is a great feature.:)

Attached Files: