What ever happened to Double D?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by streetbob, Jan 11, 2017.

1. streetbob

streetbob Well-Known Member

I visited his profile page and it said May of '16 was his last log-in. Hoping everything is well with him.

2. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

Here is the best way I can explain it, with what I know about it.
    Many of us got wound up during the election primaries. He was a die hard Ted Cruz man and there were some pretty passionate discussions about who the republicans would nominate and the future of the nation

I think he decided to step back from all of the politcs and the forum, but I thought he had intended on coming back at some point. His choice, but I think he is ok, health wise, just not on the forum currently

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

3. streetbob

streetbob Well-Known Member

4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That pretty much sums it up. He'll be back.

5. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Cruz was my other choice. My first choice (Marco Rubio)was grilling the nominated Secretary Of State today - and man, was he NASTY. I always saw him as very intelligent, and hoped he would get the GOP nomination. After seeing him today I see him as a petty, mean little man. Glad now he didn't make it. On the other hand, I saw Ted Cruz in the same capacity - questioning Trump's nominees - and HE was professional, wise and very much a Statesman. I guess leaving things in the Good Lord's hands sometimes pays off in the end.

6. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

You know Troops.. all of you...us...them...I have often thought about the subject of
    notification if something were to happen...a car accident...falling off a ladder....
    jealous husband! I am speculating now but Jim Brady...can you feature now your
    posting and asking, "what happened to that Old Navy Seabee Chief....he sure jacked
    his jaws a lot...hard to believe some of the stories he told and all the places he'd been
    Claimed he was a plank owner from that original Day One"! I submit to you all a rather
    sad remberance but when JD/Steve/TAC passed away so unexpectedly it was the Judges
    wife, Southern Moss who let us know.. The last time I visited on the land line with
    the Judge from Natchez more than a year ago, his health was so poor...I have a gut-feeling
    he too has gone from us...Sorry I injected a sad moment there...perhaps a contingency
    plan would be nice....Carver...you have my address for when you carved that Marine cane
    for my friend, the IWO JIMA Marine, Frank Densmore... Denny passed away more than
    2 years ago but I still visit almost weekly with his widow Fay back in Ilinois...she is my
    foster sister...Chief

7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I sure hope so. He had some good things to contribute, and hopefully will do so again when he comes back.

8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Right after I first saw the thread this morning, I sent Dan an email asking how he was and letting him know he is missed. I also asked when he was coming back. When I got his reply, he said that he was doing fine and did not answer my "when you coming back" question. I also miss his insights and contributions!!

9. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was the 19th member to join this chat site, I have seen a lot of members and friends disappear, it often makes me wonder if they got mad at someone, got banned, board, parionid of the internet or just died with no notification.

I love TFF, it has been a part of my life for many hours, and hopefully I never accidently say anything that gets me banned. Only ADDMIN knows what happened and sometimes they will notify the other members of the disappearance, sometimes not.

I have drilled into my wife in the case of my death that she notifies (post) my obituary at TFF, so the conversation ends there, and ya all are not wondering what happened to Y's

upload_2017-1-11_14-32-2.png

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    BlackEagle, dbcooper, rooter and 2 others like this.